HMS Campbeltown leaves affiliated town for final time

Ministry of Defence said:
The Royal Navy frigate HMS Campbeltown has marked her final sailing from her affiliated town of Campbeltown with an eleven-gun salute, prior to her decommissioning later this year.

More...

What exactly do we have left?

can anyone provide a snapshot of what we had in terms of fleet size, say 1982 (year I joined Army) and now.

I would be interested in seeing how it compares.

thanks

Osta

ugly

LE
Is it going to visit St Nazaire? I'd pay to watch that!

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
What exactly do we have left?

can anyone provide a snapshot of what we had in terms of fleet size, say 1982 (year I joined Army) and now.

I would be interested in seeing how it compares.

thanks

Osta
We have all Cunards fleet that can be painted grey at the drop of a hat.

ugly

LE
I believe that they used to match Inf Bns to Surface units one for one. 52 reg Bns when I left in 88. the same number of proper grey war canoes!

oldbaldy

LE
What chance a Fleet review for the Jubilee?

ugly

LE
What chance a Fleet review for the Jubilee?
They'll all fit in the fountain at the end of the Mall, make travelling to the review cheaper!

P_J

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
I had a cracking time on her the other week - sad to see her go!

P_J

Old-Salt
Book Reviewer
Nothing to add to the thread, but I just had to say I love your avatar.
Thanks. It was a gift of a photograph. I doubt he realised what he was standing in front of. Sums him up really - apart from the fact that cocks can be nice to look at, are useful and you can get pleasure out of them. Unlike that twunt!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
cheers for that post seaweed unbelievable to see that and now 60 years on what's left? i think when the boss pegs it the next coronation review of the fleet will be slightly less impressive