HMS Bulwark lands commandos in the Arctic

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I can remember the old 'Rusty B' landing me (via Wessex) in entireley the wrong place
  3. I remember doing the Arctic exercise back in 2010. Was on Ocean, there was ice forming on the bulkheads along the inside of 2 deck! Also remember standing on the flight deck at 0300 helping to put that bloody stupid ramp out the back for 2 hours. -20 odd I think it was, with windchill.

Granted, we had it better than the bootnecks we dropped off.
  4. Norway is a **** of a place to play "grab a gronk". One the birds are rather good looking and Two it's so sodding expensive to go on the lash.

Lovely place to play in the snow though.
  5. Similar conditions to FI in winter?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

There's always one isn't there ;-) you just had to do it.
  7. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Ship designed to land Marines lands Marines
    Next week the RAF celebrate getting one of the ground
  8. Norwegian birds have an unfounded self believe that they are better than you, bordering snobbery. Friendly enough but completely up their own arse. Which is where most blokes would like to be. Which is why it is so feckin diffuicult to trap off. Even with an ugly one. Prude aswell.

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm going to hang up my login, you must be fecking ugly if all the stories about dirty Norgy birds and ugly booties are even half true!
  10. You've got to be honest, if the RAF manage to get an LPD off the ground it will be worth celebrating...