HMS Brilliant 'sunk' three Whales.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Incubus_Imperator, Sep 2, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

There she blows!

2. Shouldn't it say sonar...... Daily Whale

3. Imagine the fuss if they had thought them whales and they had been subs?

• Like Like x 5
  4. I take it They didn't like it up'em?

5. Apparently there was sperm oil splattered everywhere...

6. Or indeed Porpoises... (or later derivative).

7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

They were Argie whales operating inside the exclusion zone, so completely fair game.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Whale bukkake?

9. Not like the Belgrano fiasco then ;D

10. I'm with ravers on this one, Everyone knew where the exclusion zone was it doesn't matter what way they were facing/heading at the time.

11. Why was the Belgrano a fiasco, it sank didn't it. Probably carrying too many stores to make it very floaty, a common problem for vessels in the South Atlantic at the time.

Those whales could have been carrying WMD, trained whales with WMD. Think about it.

12. Them Whales could have caused all sort of problems for task force, Moby Dick terrorised the seas sinking ships left and right for years. Obviously the Navy couldn't take any chances with three of them on the loose. Didn't the Canberra also sink a whale by the sure fire method of ramming it at full speed on the way down south?

13. HMS Not So Brilliant

• Like Like x 1

14. More to do with poor drills. Leaving doors and hatchs open whilst going into battle is never a good idea on a ship.

I see we've got that magic under water radar action again.