HMS Bounty in distress

Man the life-boats

Women, children, Ipods and hermers first.
(Not necessarily in that order)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Crapatalk and a head dobber

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Where's the backbone these days? Bligh sailed 3000 miles in an open boat. This bunch are screaming for help from the US Coastguard

There are 40mph winds and 18ft waves reported at the scene, which is 90 miles southeast of Hatteras in North Carolina.

Hardly fearsome weather for a square rigged ship.

[video=youtube;X840oaD6R14]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X840oaD6R14&feature=related[/video]

Only 16 crew. Not enough to sail her properly even if they were experienced.
Not a nice place to be a life raft in 18ft seas that are rising.

Foot note. The remark about crew fatigue in the C130 is quite poignant wouldn't have had that problem in a Nimrod.

The last windjammers in the 30's used to sail around Cape Horn with only 18 or so crew, some of whom were inexperienced.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
If anyone is located in the NE of England, one of my cousins can get the keys to the row boats on Leazes Park lake. We could borrow a couple, row over there and rescue the thing. Tow it back to Newcastle and then flog it on eBay. PM me for details, yah?

leazes.jpg

If anyone is located in the NE of England, one of my cousins can get the keys to the row boats on Leazes Park lake. We could borrow a couple, row over there and rescue the thing. Tow it back to Newcastle and then flog it on eBay. PM me for details, yah?

View attachment 96083
I'm in Duke. I've always been good with an oar. At least that's what they all said.

The last windjammers in the 30's used to sail around Cape Horn with only 18 or so crew, some of whom were inexperienced.
Different times different men. Also Bounty is no "windjammer".

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Army Pay, Claims & JPA 33
dui-lai Current Affairs, News and Analysis 5
J The Intelligence Cell 13