HMS Blyth takes command of NATO task group

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Sep 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Sounds like a cracking round of runs ashore in exotic foreign ports. Bank accounts and bollocks will be empty by the time they get back. Just a shame about the weather.

3. A mine hunter takes command of a NATO task group...

Damn deep cuts in the Navy then.

4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Be fair. It is a NATO minehunting task group. Standing NATO Force Med - always been a right jolly. Particularly of your normal search area is the Clyde

5. Fair point but where does the Command element actually stand on a mine hunter?

I.ve read so many times that the Type 22, 23, 45 has set aside space for Command elements that it got me thinking...

6. The Ops Room, at a guess. I would also guess that they sit rather than stand.

7. Command Platform? Not a Flag Ship then?

Or is that where the Command Element stand? on a hastily built platform hanging off the bridge? Or you could pop a life raft...

[​IMG]

and tow it.

8. They're going to be ****ing uncomfy - I doubt they'll be using the Ops Room in a SRMH, more likely the MCO and/or Wardroom to work in, and they'll be sleeping in the Gyro Shack, Gunners Store and any spare pits in the lads messes. I don't particularly envy them!

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

For anyone from the north east and familiar with the drug sucking chav scum who live in Blyth, calling a warship HMS Blyth is almost up there with the tossers who named the USS Laboon.

10. That's you off Yank lurker, JJ and Daveboc's Christmas lists. Laboon....snigger

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Nah, don't get me wrong. I feel USS Laboon is a lovely name for a ship. I really cannot think why HM Royal Navy did not consider it themselves. HMS Laboon. I bet every honest member of ARRSE would send HMS Laboon a Christmas card. To let them know we were thinking of them.

HMS Blyth does not bear thinking about. Or her sister ship HMS Eshinton.

12. Laboon? Sounds a bit efeminate and french.

13. And I thought the Command Post in the Navy would be something like this:

Attached Files: