HMS Astute runs aground

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by Nuts_McAuliff, Oct 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Its not been the greatest week in the history of the Navy has it ?

2. Dear, oh dear.........

News and Events : Royal Navy

3. The driver was probably too busy listening to his ipod. No wonder they got trashed by the government.

4. Clearly it was up against some stealth rocks.

5. Again! WTF's happened to the silent service?

6. Argentina have seen this and are increasing military spending on rockaries

7. Rocks - why didnt we think of this during WW2 - just put a big rockery outside the German naval bases and the war would have been over in days...

8. Oops! One ping only?

9. Lord Mong (for it is he) "That's a lovely shiny helm you have there sailor"

Helmsman "Thank you Lord, it's brand new and I polish it every watch!"

Lord Mong " Speaking of polish why don't you join the all ranks KY-less ******* and bukakke party in the mess?"

Helmsman "but that would be deserting my post Lord!"

Lord Mong "This boat is state of the art, the latest navigation equipment, it sails itself, what could possible happen? Your the last man here, why should you miss out? I'll mind the shop until you get back"

Helmsman "Thank you lord!" Departs stage left in direction civvy street.........

Mong "BUUHHHHAHHAHHHAHHHAHHHAAAAAA!

10. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Someone's career just turned slightly radioactive - welcome to civvy street my son!!!

"Speaking to the BBC last month, HMS Astute's commanding officer, Commander Andy Coles, said: "We have a brand new method of controlling the submarine, which is by platform management system, rather than the old conventional way of doing everything of using your hands."

11. msr

msr LE

The thousands of sub-systems,100km of cabling, 23,000 pipes, over 1 million individual components, over 5 million lines of software code...

And the inability to miss one, well-charted rock - which the Navy struck in 2002.

I have a feeling this quote is going to haunt the Captain: Speaking to the BBC last month, HMS Astute's commanding officer, Commander Andy Coles, said: "We have a brand new method of controlling the submarine, which is by platform management system, rather than the old conventional way of doing everything of using your hands.