HMS Astute arrives home from US sea trials

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Blimey and it made it back without bumping into big **** off rocks, one up for the Navy
    • Like Like x 7
  3. Think that the Astute is a cracking design and hope that we will continue to produce such first class gear.

The same comments were made about the T45 destroyers. The technology of both Astute and the T45 is said to be mind blowing.

Now lets keep it and develop it and sell selected bits of it, instead of giving it away.
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

5. Good to see my old boat get back safely, just wish i had sailed with her to the states
  6. TheIronDuke

No silly. It should come as a lovely surprise. Like when someone turns up to your dinner party with a really expensive bottle of vintage champagne?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. And smacks someone in the mouth with it for being a gobshite?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. My take on the cat / trap issue and the F35B is that the undercart issues are well in the process of being solved. No chance of Rafale IMHO - too many issues over sovereignty, and at the heart of it is the fact that we like the French, but we don't necessarily trust them that much ;-)

MOD Mode ON

FM Guns
    TO Jim
    Would you like me to move this to the right thread???????????
  9. Er, Jim...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jim. Do you work for MoD procurement?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. TheIronDuke

I thought the sea caravan containing jet fighters towed behind the Astute was still top secret?
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

It was till you mentioned it. We were all going to pretend that Jim had gone mad.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Bollocks! Managed to type rely in wrong thread!
  14. It's all right I didn't notice, honest.

You senile old goat.
    • Like Like x 1