HMS Astute arrives home from US sea trials

Think that the Astute is a cracking design and hope that we will continue to produce such first class gear.

The same comments were made about the T45 destroyers. The technology of both Astute and the T45 is said to be mind blowing.

Now lets keep it and develop it and sell selected bits of it, instead of giving it away.

My take on the cat / trap issue and the F35B is that the undercart issues are well in the process of being solved. No chance of Rafale IMHO - too many issues over sovereignty, and at the heart of it is the fact that we like the French, but we don't necessarily trust them that much ;-)

MOD Mode ON

FM Guns
TO Jim
//
Would you like me to move this to the right thread???????????
//
BT

My take on the cat / trap issue and the F35B is that the undercart issues are well in the process of being solved. No chance of Rafale IMHO - too many issues over sovereignty, and at the heart of it is the fact that we like the French, but we don't necessarily trust them that much ;-)
Er, Jim...

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bollocks! Managed to type rely in wrong thread!
Does that mean the submersible sea caravan jet hanger has been mothballed? Back to the drawing board then. What if, right, what if we had a big boat and we welded a flat deck on top that could...

Nah. Never work. The jets would just shoot over the edge because they are very fast.

Unless. UNLESS....

Does that mean the submersible sea caravan jet hanger has been mothballed? Back to the drawing board then. What if, right, what if we had a big boat and we welded a flat deck on top that could...

Nah. Never work. The jets would just shoot over the edge because they are very fast.

Unless. UNLESS....
Been done already...

Now all we have to do is beef up the cat a bit to launch an F/A-18, then perfect the flexible rubber flight deck (as fitted to HMS Warrior R31) for the recovery...

Latest Threads