HMs Argyll transiting the Panama Canal...home

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by Jeneral28, Aug 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. But still a stoney silence on HMS Daring doing much the same recently…

2. shhhhh do you want to end up in the same cannal for your PERSEC breech !
  3. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yes Daring is somewhere in the Pacific. After the news about Hawaii, no more news. No port calls.
  5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Probably because everyone is bored of reading about the same ship all the time. The Dockyard Dandy are probably conscious of the fact that if every month has a front page spread about Daring, people might start to wonder if we actually have any other ships.
  6. I don't see boredom. Daring is in the Pacific which the Royal Navy has hardly travelled to in the last five years
  7. Who in their right mind wants to read 'Daring still floating on ocean' every day?

She's a warship not a floating media centre. Her job's to float round scaring the natives not provide you with an exciting story and some pretty photos every day or two.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. J28

What exactly was/is the point of this thread?
  9. It is true. Every Navy News for recent memory has had a T45 of some sort in a hard turn to port on the cover.

Why always port I don't know. Maybe it's class specific.

10. It's a little-talked-about stock fault. They can only turn left.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Will they do a recall to fix or will it wait to the next service?
  12. Taff - are you saying that Daring is an Ambiturner?

Any update on how DARING is doing with operation 'BLUE STEEL'?
  13. This is film footage of the Russians going the other way - see guys, ARGYLL is so powerful, she scared the Russians out of the Caribbean without breaking a sweat!
  14. I've checked SeaWaves Port Visits and no port visists by HMS Daring is mentioned since Hawaii.