HMPS application - Help needed!

hello lads,
i need a bit of help i am applying to become a prison officer and i am stumped by the "application summary" section
"please write a paragraph on how your previous experience or interests would be advantageous in the position you are applying for"

i have a couple of qualifications from college in IT and systems management, and my work history is fairly short, worked part time while at college as bin man/ road sweeper and currently working in a freight company (worked in imports department and transferred to accounts) now apart from the TA, i can't really think of anything i have done that could be relevant to the position being applied for, anyone got any creative writing skills on how i could big myself up a bit

many thanks
MANTIS

S

stabradop

PrayingMantis said:
hello lads,
i need a bit of help i am applying to become a prison officer and i am stumped by the "application summary" section
"please write a paragraph on how your previous experience or interests would be advantageous in the position you are applying for"

i have a couple of qualifications from college in IT and systems management, and my work history is fairly short, worked part time while at college as bin man/ road sweeper and currently working in a freight company (worked in imports department and transferred to accounts) now apart from the TA, i can't really think of anything i have done that could be relevant to the position being applied for, anyone got any creative writing skills on how i could big myself up a bit

many thanks
MANTIS
Hi mate

I am at the tail end of the process myself for HMPS, just waiting for vetting to come through.

There is an unofficial site for HMPS, which is a bit like arrse but a tad more reserved due to what they do. Here is the link.

http://prisonofficer.org.uk/phpBB2/

stab

cheers for that you guys, much appreciated :)

jarrod248 said:
I have extensive experience of working with the public and interacting on a level that anyone can understand. I am very perceptive and can see changes even little ones in peoples behaviour and I feel this would be an asset. The experience I have had in the TA has helped me be disciplined in both giving and taking orders and working in a methodical manner etc.

Just a start you get the idea?
that sorta $hits fine! :lol: they are not looking for qualifications in this section , more like waffle as jarrod has started .
team player , motivated , commited , loyal , inter personnal skills , non judgemental , ability to act under own initative , caring , help the weak and vulnerable , confidentiality , assertiveness , ability to listen , flexable approach , remain focused despite set backs etc etc etc
scan website and quote back to them what qulaities they are looking for .
Evidence as much as possible though, without giving your life history .Do not just say " I have excellent IPS" etc etc etc

jarrod248 said:
I have extensive experience of working with the public and interacting on a level that anyone can understand. I am very perceptive and can see changes even little ones in peoples behaviour and I feel this would be an asset. The experience I have had in the TA has helped me be disciplined in both giving and taking orders and working in a methodical manner etc.

Just a start you get the idea?
that sorta $hits fine! :lol: they are not looking for qualifications in this section , more like waffle as jarrod has started .
team player , motivated , commited , loyal , inter personnal skills , non judgemental , ability to act under own initative , caring , help the weak and vulnerable , confidentiality , assertiveness , ability to listen , flexable approach , remain focused despite set backs etc etc etc
scan website and quote back to them what qulaities they are looking for .
Evidence as much as possible though, without giving your life history .Do not just say " I have excellent IPS" etc etc etc

Latest Threads