HMPS application - Help needed!

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by PrayingMantis, Apr 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello lads,
    i need a bit of help i am applying to become a prison officer and i am stumped by the "application summary" section
    "please write a paragraph on how your previous experience or interests would be advantageous in the position you are applying for"

i have a couple of qualifications from college in IT and systems management, and my work history is fairly short, worked part time while at college as bin man/ road sweeper and currently working in a freight company (worked in imports department and transferred to accounts) now apart from the TA, i can't really think of anything i have done that could be relevant to the position being applied for, anyone got any creative writing skills on how i could big myself up a bit

many thanks
    MANTIS

2. Hi mate

I am at the tail end of the process myself for HMPS, just waiting for vetting to come through.

There is an unofficial site for HMPS, which is a bit like arrse but a tad more reserved due to what they do. Here is the link.

http://prisonofficer.org.uk/phpBB2/

stab

3. cheers for that you guys, much appreciated :)

4. that sorta $hits fine! :lol: they are not looking for qualifications in this section , more like waffle as jarrod has started .
    team player , motivated , commited , loyal , inter personnal skills , non judgemental , ability to act under own initative , caring , help the weak and vulnerable , confidentiality , assertiveness , ability to listen , flexable approach , remain focused despite set backs etc etc etc
    scan website and quote back to them what qulaities they are looking for .
    Evidence as much as possible though, without giving your life history .Do not just say " I have excellent IPS" etc etc etc

5. that sorta $hits fine! :lol: they are not looking for qualifications in this section , more like waffle as jarrod has started .
    team player , motivated , commited , loyal , inter personnal skills , non judgemental , ability to act under own initative , caring , help the weak and vulnerable , confidentiality , assertiveness , ability to listen , flexable approach , remain focused despite set backs etc etc etc
    scan website and quote back to them what qulaities they are looking for .
    Evidence as much as possible though, without giving your life history .Do not just say " I have excellent IPS" etc etc etc