Hmmm, Walt Alert

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by eye_spy, Sep 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone remember this guy?

Anyone confirm his background?

Seems a bit of a walt to me!

Link - Questionable gentleman

I particularly like the bit about a unit in NI on 36hrs notice to move anywhere in the world.
  2. He spent a year there,...(IN NORTHERN IRELAND)... commanding an intelligence unit which was on 36 hours' notice to go anywhere in the world.

Never been green slime but the posting would seem a bit odd if that were the case??
  3. His facts are wrong, 33,000 went to the Falklands, not 8,500
  4. Exactly my point Bossdog, I think I smell a walt.
  5. Jeremy was born in Paignton in 1971 or 1972.

He was educated at Churston Grammar School and at the age of 16 went to Welbeck College

Shouldnt be too hard to find ;-)
  6. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I served with Jerry many years ago. He is certainly an ex-Infantry officer and I recall that he transferred to the Int Corps back in the early 90s. It sounds as if he is guilty of no more than possibly 'polishing' his CV to improve his business chances - so no different to many others.
  7. I like this bit best:

Jeremy went to Sandhurst at the age of 19 but wasn't able to complete his training because he injured his foot.

Instead, he went to the University of Warwick to study electronics.

And at this point, the suited and booted former Army officer leadership expert begins to reveal a slightly less straightlaced side when he admits: "I never made a circuit that could work in my life. I question-spotted and learned the answers and bluffed my way through my studies."

He should have stayed in, bluffers usually go far in the Corps!
  8. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

He's certainly ex-Int Corps. I think he was DE rather than a transferee: he would have done an infantry attachment, though.

His, doubtless undeserved, nickname required the replacement of the 'z' in his surname with two s's.
  9. Thanks for clearing that up napier...

I must have missed him at Wibbly by a year and Sandbags by an entry or two... And I'm thinking... no way... if there had been a bloke called Tozer... I'd have heard of him... obviously not! Must have honed his covert skills at a young age.
  10. Yep – a hint of truth to the early history. Year of birth must be more like 61-62 as he was in a junior entry when I was a senior at the “College in the North” (tattoo on the forehead is fading after 28 years!). Few were surprised when he didn’t make it through Sandbags the first time, but well done him for giving it another go. It certainly looks as if his later exploits may have been embellished. I did a similar commercial leadership course a few years ago and was amazed by how many “business leaders” clung to any association with the military to enhance their profile.
  11. I sense a bit of journalistic license, I think he may have served with AMF(L) which might explain the 36 hours gig.

Obviously never went in the New Forge or 'Fly then?
  12. I don't remember him in Mon Cherie's or any other bar in Stuttgarter Platz either.
  13. Ah totaly wasted in the New Forge, as the memoirs of trying to get into the Police birds & blown out just the same :)
  14. eye_spy I think this individual is a right TOZER.