hm supplies hip pad

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by James51234, Jan 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Looking to get a hippo pad (get some space on my belt), and the cheapest I've seen without compromising quality (I hope so, the rest of their stuffs pretty good I've heard) is the one from hm supplies.

The problem is that the daft buggers haven't got any pics at all of their kit on the website. Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has (or could take... :? ) any pictures of this bit of kit, so I know at least what the thing I'm buying looks like.

Thanks for any help.
  2. No pics, but have used one before. Went flat and rather unpadded pretty quickly. I'd recommend cutting a section of roll mat to size instead, and using that, I have been for years with no probs- retains the density, made to measure and free.
  3. msr

msr LE

4. these pads are freely available through the system
  5. A lot of the guys I've talked to say they've had difficulty getting them, and for me not to bother even trying. £12, not gonna break the bank, and its almost as good as free.
  6. our clothing storeman ordered 300 on the off chance and they came through no problems
  7. i use one and find it helps a bit if you're tabbing short distances, but over 5k they don't make much difference. If you have an ebay account have a look on there, there's usually people selling new ones slightly cheaper than other sites
  8. The issue one is actually quite good, the only gripe I have is the padding under the ammo pouches could be wider and a bit longer
  9. NSN for issued pad if anyone is interested is 8465-99-869-0392
  10. I did have one of these put found it pretty useless - it wasn't very well padded. So instead i purchased the Aussie Belt Support from SASS. Quite expensive but is the same width as the pouches are tall (hope that makes some sort of sense!). I have not had any problems with it whatever distance i am covering and highly recommend it as it has similar thickness to a roll mat. if you are interested.

I bought it before the issue hip pad became widely available. The issue ones do look pretty good though.
  11. Just do what I did and walk into the clothing store and demand one. :?
  12. pebble monkey, I looked into the sass one, but was told (in an email from sass) that they aren't being made any more due to a lack of materials or something... Shame, as it looked pretty good, I liked the way it covered all the pouches, rather than just the ammo pouches like the plce one.
  13. Thats a shame as they are brilliant bits of kit. I shall just hope that mine lasts for many years then!
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Eight quid from here.