HM Revenue & Customs !!!!!!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Dubb_al_Ibn, Nov 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right; I've just spent half an hour filling in a form for one HM Revenue & Customs office (who used to deal with me two years ago when I was PAYE; I'm now self-employed). I've had to send them information which my current tax office already holds and has happily held for over eighteen months. Okay, so I play along with it and like a good citizen fill the bloody form in.

They provide an envelope. I fold the form correctly, slip it in the envelope and as I walk across the road to the letter box notice that there is an empty oblong box on the front with the words "Please affix postage stamp" or some such drivel.

When did that happen ? Weren't they always pre-paid/OHMS?

So, I have to send one tax office information which a neighbouring office already holds and has done for eighteen months but not only that, I have to pay thirty-five bloody pence for the privilege of doing so!

Is there a special place where they recruit these highly valued civil servants? They wouldn't last five minutes in the real world.

Rant over. Anyone else want to let off steam about HMRC ?

PS: They're still the "Inland Revenue" no matter how much they try to hide behind the big boys in "Customs"
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

3. If you are self employed, claim back the stamp.
  4. Yeah, when you owe them money, make sure you pay them on time.
    They dont muck about....
  5. Real Customs officers really looked forward to merging with the Revenue( ha ha).

Some of them got the shock of their lives when they joined us. Some of them gritted it out & actually brought something to the party, getting what it's all about & that some of it occurs outside the 9-5 window.