HM Queen Honors a U.S. Marine

poet

War Hero
Makes change to see americans in some good light.

Well done that man.

Makes a change not to see someone put their aircraft before the troops (a la RAF)

Looks like he's got knackers like melons. Well done him. Thanks for posting that, Trippy. It really is nice to see something positive like this now and again.

What's the score on Septics wearing foreign gongs? Is it allowed?

MsG

Bugsy said:
Looks like he's got knackers like melons. Well done him. Thanks for posting that, Trippy. It really is nice to see something positive like this now and again.

What's the score on Septics wearing foreign gongs? Is it allowed?

MsG
Last check it was:
"Foreign Personal Decorations. Marines who have been specifically authorized by law to accept decorations from foreign governments may wear them after all U.S. campaign and service awards in the order of their receipt. When an individual is authorized to wear more than one award from the same country, the order of precedence of those particular awards will be determined by the rules of the country concerned."

JINGO

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I always suspected the US Marines were far more closely akin to the British Army inthought and deed than the US Army. Congratualtions and again thank you.

Magnificent!

Thank you, valued friend and ally.

offog said:
If you look at the link you will see a picture of the Maj, you can see that he already has in up at top right.
That most likely will not be the final spot but was added there for the photo op, but may not be the final position.

5102. PRECEDENCE
1. U.S. personal decorations, U.S. unit awards, U.S. nonmilitary decorations, U.S. campaign and service awards, U.S. nonmilitary service awards, foreign personal decorations, foreign unit awards, non-U.S. service awards, foreign service awards, marksmanship badges (see paragraph 5500), and awards of military societies and other organizations will be given precedence in the order listed.
This is a foreign personal decoration

Well Done indeed.

Thanks for - as the article put it - "likely saving the life" of a Soldier.

You Sir, should not have to buy a beer when you enter a British Military Establishment. Can't say nowt about the feckers outside the wire mind...

Very well done to Maj Chesarek and Pte Norris. Good drills all-round.

Well earned, and thank you, Major.

An odd comment on it, though - I'd be interested to know exactly what "strange colonial habits" James Mackenzie thinks we have that Americans won't understand.

I just pointed out the article to my Commander (I work at a medical group) and she was very impressed by the actions of Pte Norris (and the good Major as well).

We older types might complain about the young'uns coming in, but when you see the stuff a 19 year old kid is capable of, it most definitely lets us know that the future is in good hands. Again, BZ to Pte Norris and Maj Chesarek.

Well done one and all - nice to see something positive about our co-operation over there. Thanks Maj Chesarek a true friend indeed.