HM queen and the Pope

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by BiscuitsAB, Mar 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Ok so el papa is set to visit the Uk which in my mind is neither here nor there however there must be some interesting ways the lizzy could demonstrate to him the error of his ways and convert him to the one true faith; ;-)

2. They building a minaret at BP :)

3. I knew those bastards at the petrol station were sneakily becoming decidedly foreign, but that takes the piss....

4. Please let it be true, if only to watch Daily Mail reader's implode with rage! hehe.

5. Thought that was at RMAS :D

6. Or the Royal Mile

7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I was thinking maybe more along the lines of "well it was good enough for the spanish inquisition so its good enough for you now"

so something like the heretics fork for example.

8. It would be nice if Liz asked the Vicar of God if he would like the reformation round two.

9. Espesially if Polish builders got the contract :)

10. no chance they have all packed up and gone home well acording to the govenment any way.

11. We'll just have to use Muslim Paedophiles from Sangate then!!

12. [​IMG]

Queen in a frilly dress ... and our Sovereign Lady Queen Elizabeth II.

13. Can't see the what all the fuss is about meself. I offer you the Preface before The Declaration of Assent as taken by all deacons, priests and bishops of the Church of England when they are ordained and on each occasion when they take up a new appointment:

The Church of England is part of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church, worshipping the one true God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. It professes the faith uniquely revealed in the Holy Scriptures and set forth in the catholic creeds, which faith the Church is called upon to proclaim afresh in each generation. Led by the Holy Spirit, it has borne witness to Christian truth in its historic formularies, the Thirty-nine Articles of Religion, The Book of Common Prayer and the Ordering of Bishops, Priests and Deacons. In the declaration you are about to make, will you affirm your loyalty to this inheritance of faith as your inspiration and guidance under God in bringing the grace and truth of Christ to this generation and making Him known to those in your care?

The Declaration of Assent:

I,..............., do so affirm, and accordingly declare my belief in the faith which is revealed in the Holy Scriptures and set forth in the catholic creeds and to which the historic formularies of the Church of England bear witness; and in public prayer and administration of the sacraments, I will use only the forms of service which are authorized or allowed by Canon.

14. I think we used to do a nice reception with stake and faggots for his sort didn't we? Perhaps we could revive it?

I wonder if he'll sleep in a hidden room somewhere.................

15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Liz the 1st set the precedent for religious acceptance in this country, however I feel we should apply Mary Queens of Scots philosophy and burn the bastards that disagree :)

I wonder what the thought police would charge you with if you flashed Ratzi a quick Zeig Heil?