HK G11

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by pommydigger, Jul 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I tried to search, but search function was down.

Seen this clip?Nice I want one

2. Wasn't that given the arrse years ago because the propellant wouldn't ignite reliably enough? (quite a problem in a weapon with no ejection port) Recoil looked a bit brisk too.
    Was it a good clip? Pootube won't work for me for more than 3-5 seconds (I just expressed my displeasure by sneezing wad on the screen. "Take that, Spawn of Astaroth!")

F*cking technio...computropoot...shiny thing.

3. yeah it does look like it kicks abit- but it's shiny

4. No chance of a yippee shoot with one of those at the next range weekend. What's the RWAR up to these days?

5. had live fire on all HE weapons the other week. Got 2 weekend of Urban coming up. What unit you in?

6. None at present- ex QUR Aslt Pnr, training up to re-enlist. I'm so far out of touch that I'm not even sure that QUR exists anymore. Last I heard- several years ago- all the Offr Cdt functions were going to RMC. Bet that's screwed the Uni recruitment figures! (mind you, we didn't get interesting training like Urban- or anything else, for that matter)

7. If i remember right it may have a bit of a kick but its cyclic rate is so fast it will put a burst (2 rounds i think) down range before your point of aim moves at all. One of its problems was also fouling in the mechanism, due to the propellant not 100% burning away with each round.

Wikipedia has more - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_G11

8. isn't there probs wiyh heat build up? turns out most of the heat in a gen is taken out with the case.

9. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer