Hitman jailed for not killing anybody

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by genuine_exscaley, Jun 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This came from The Register.

Extract:
    ________

Kent: you can't even trust the hired killers

By John Oates • Get more from this author

Posted in Bootnotes, 17th January 2006 15:14 GMT

A man from Kent, England has been jailed for failing to kill a woman despite accepting money to carry out the hit.

The would-be hitman, Kevin Reeves of Snodland near Rochester, promised Christine Ryder he would arrange her slaying in exchange for a large bag of cash.

But despite receiving payments totalling £20,000, Reeves failed to do any actual whacking and, as a result, Ms Ryder decided to get the lawyers in.

A court yesterday agreed with Ms Ryder and sentenced Reeves to 15 months in prison for deception. And people complain about British Justice...

The two met in a Gillingham mental hospital. Ms Ryder had been admitted following a suicide attempt - Reeves told her he knew someone who would kill her for £2,500. After leaving hospital, Ms Ryder contacted Reeves, who told her the price had gone up to £5,000. Ms Ryder gave him a cheque and was told she would be killed in a drive-by shooting on 11 June 2003. But shortly before the date Reeves telephoned to cancel the killing.

Reeves extracted a further £15,000, blaming problems with the previous hitman, and told Ms Ryder he would kill her himself on 28 November. The day before the planned killing he wrote Ryder a letter, again cancelling the blood bath but reassuring her, "things are still on, so don't panic".

Judge Veronica Hammerton said: "This was a calculated deception, repeated three times... In all the circumstances, these offences are so serious that a custodial sentence is unavoidable." She also ordered Reeves to hand over the £2,000 he has saved up to pay Ms Ryder back.

For a fantastic local version of this story, including pictures of both parties, have a look at Kent Online here.®
    ________
    Sadly, I come from Kent - but I haven't been there for years!

2. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Convincing nutter...

[​IMG]

Less than convincing hit man...

[​IMG]

3. HHH

HHH LE

If she had given me the money, I would have whacked the both of them.
    It would have saved the tax payers a fortune in legal,medical and prison bills!!!

4. Trades Description Act?

5. The two met in a Gillingham mental hospital......... JUst about says it all eh ?

LT.