Hitler's nephew petitioned FDR to be allowed to enlist

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Fireplace, Aug 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wow! I'd never heard this before.

2. You learn something new every day.
  3. In checking further, I find his flat was bombed out in the last Blitz on Liverpool and there was speculation he'd gone back to Germany working for the British. He was allowed to enlist in the US Navy in 1944, was a Pharmacist Mate and discharged after three years with service connected injuries.

Uncle Adolf had tried to get him to renounce his British citizenship and return to The Reich for a high position, but he smelled a rat (his uncle?) and buggered off.
  4. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I think this tale has been around before, but a long time ago. So also the story that Adolf himself had once visited the Liverpool family and (addon fable surely) maybe fathered a child there (with his one remaining ball I suppose).
  5. Dont give the scousers an excuse to add bits on ........ he was the fifth beatle mate ......... he played for liverpool laaaa ....... he got pissed in the cavern .... etc bore yawn
  6. 'The British are an insular people and while they are kind and courteous, it is my impression, rightly or wrongly, that they could not in the long run feel overly cordial or sympathetic towards an individual bearing the name I do.'

Lol no shit sherlock! You'd got filled in at basic with that name!
  7. Not exactly news, this was a propaganda coup for the Americans at the time and was plastered all over the papers. Furthermore there was a documentary on German TV a few years ago in which the matter of Adolfs family and relations was discussed. Adolf kept the whole matter quiet during his period of office and afterwards not many people wanted to talk about it for fairly obvious reasons. Apparently the last surviving relations in America not only changed their names but decided not to have any children in order to make sure that the Hitler family would die without trace.
  8. Saw a programme on the telly some time ago where researchers checked immigration records on Ellis Island New York NY and curiously they found a whole load of Hitlers, Heidlers and other related names that had immigrated to the states from Northern Austria in the 19th/20th century.

If I recall correctly, all the Hitlers/Heidlers had put themselves down as Jewish.

Funny old world innit?
  9. Its is indeed, I think he'd be spinning in his grave. Didn't someone build a chinese takeaway on top of the fuhrer bunker site too?

10. All true, my Dads mate used to get on the same Tram as him, said he was a right rancid cunt.
  11. More trivia....

Patrick Hitler changed his name post WW2 to William Patrick Stuart-Houston which isn't a million miles different than this bloke, Here >> Houston Stewart Chamberlain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Patrick also called his first son Alexander Adolf.

Maybe Mr W P Hitler wasn't all he seemed.
  12. there's an easy check, do any of them have a Charlie Chaplin moustache?
  13. Apparently there's no such pact, it just turned out that way.