Hitler planed on running Britain from Scarborough

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps he had ideas of it being his "Eagles nest" in England. It's a striking building in Scarborough but apparently the interior is in a poor state of repair now.
I think you're right. London for administration and Scarborough for the bracing sea air, on the German Ocean. I suspect that in 1940 the Grand looked very kampfy.

I heard Hitler fancied Burnley but was worried about the long journey to Bolton to watch The Wanderers so he ordered the Luftwaffe to bomb it but they got the navigation a bit wrong and hit Manchester instead. Course you don't hear about the Manchester Blitz as Landan seems to be bigger grief whores than somewhere else in the North West.
I would imagine had Hitler actually set foot in Scarborough he would have been quick to hop it to somewhere nice. :cool:

Given the bombing accuracy of the time, such an order would have been laughable. Indeed, when Harris carried out the 1,000 bomber raid on Cologne in May 1942, the trainee crews on the raid were under orders to take Cologne cathedral as their aiming point - the logic being that they wouldn't then actually hit it.

You see this sort of journalistic waffle from time to time; in reality, if you conquer a country, you set up in their capital to make the point. Thus, when the Germans conquered France, they set yup their HQ in Paris. And after Adolf took the Dignitas route, Germany was administered (symbolically at least) from Berlin.

I can't see any circumstances where the Germans wouldn't have administered a conquered Britain from London.

Wordsmith
Maybe he just hated Londoners too?

I read that Hitler expressly forbade bombing Bordon as it was crueller than carpet bombing it and putting the residents out of their misery.

I heard Hitler fancied Burnley but was worried about the long journey to Bolton to watch The Wanderers so he ordered the Luftwaffe to bomb it but they got the navigation a bit wrong and hit Manchester instead. Course you don't hear about the Manchester Blitz as Landan seems to be bigger grief whores than somewhere else in the North West.
I would imagine had Hitler actually set foot in Scarborough he would have been quick to hop it to somewhere nice. :cool:
He could have had a nice little fishermans cottage in Staithes (only 30 miles or so away)also a nice but a tad pricey meal in the Cod&Lobster

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Adolf seems to have had a thing about Yorkshire. It is rumoured that the Germans didn't bomb Barnsley because they thought they already had.
I heard it was Goering who spared the place . Apparently he had a fondness for Yorkshire after he shagged a lass in Harrogate during a cricket tour in the 30s.

[QUOTE="Wordsmith, post: 8581308, member: 52171"

I can't see any circumstances where the Germans wouldn't have administered a conquered Britain from London.

Wordsmith[/QUOTE]

All it would have taken is the new glorious administration encountering a few days of London tube driver strikes and cabbies refusing to go south of 'Das Thames' and they'd have moved to Scarborough in a second.

Also they planned to ship all the blokes of working age to labour camps in Europe, presumably leaving women to the work with the idea that the women would be easier to manage and more compliant

Did they not know that British women, once their menstrual cycles start syncing are lethal

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
(Fookin Tetley bitter - I wouldn't serve it t'dog )

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoleBath The Book Club 9
sirbhp The Book Club 0
ancienturion The Book Club 9