Hitler failed to do by force what Blair achieves by stealth

Vernon Coleman is a well known writer and commentator. I stumbled across his website which offers for sale what appears to be some interesting books spelling out the current dismantling of our country in a (so far) bloodless coup. He certainly raises some interesting arguments.

Caesar, Charlemagne, Pope Innocent III, Napoleon and Hitler all tried to unite Europe under a single flag. They all failed.
It is no exaggeration to say that the EU poses the greatest ever threat to democracy, and to our independence, freedom and privacy. Exactly what is the purpose of this bloodless coup?

The fight against the EU is urgent. We don’t have much time left. The war against the EU is far, far more important - and far more urgent - than the politically expedient invention ‘the war against terrorism’.
If we don’t do anything to stop it then we have effectively lost the Second World War. Remember that Hitler and Goering invented the idea of the United States of Europe.

Twelve Amazing Facts You Ought To Know About The EU.

FACT 1:
If the EU gets its way, England will cease to exist within a few years. England will disappear from maps and history books.

FACT 2:
Bureaucrats with criminal histories are now in powerful positions in the EU. They cannot be tried because their EU positions give them immunity. And yet they have introduced thousands of new laws which have turned most of us into criminals too.

You could be breaking the law and you wouldn’t even know it until it’s too late. According to the law, ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it.

The EU is bringing in new laws faster than anyone can possibly read them. If you sat down today to try to read every law you are supposed to obey you would never finish. And new EU laws now mean that you are also expected to keep all the laws passed in individual member countries to the EU.

So in addition to being expected to know the laws of England and the laws of the EU, you are also expected to know the laws of Germany, Greece, France, Italy, Spain, and so on.

FACT 3:
The EU has stolen England’s fishing grounds, ruined England’s farming industry, and destroyed thousands of English businesses.

FACT 4:
If we join the Euro, England will be expected to share the EU’s pension debt of £1,200 billion. You will be forced to hand a good chunk of your pension to the EU.

FACT 5:
The EU’s courts now take precedence over English courts. An EU judge ranks higher than an English judge. FACT 6:
Membership of the EU costs you - and everyone in your family - £450 a year.

FACT 7:
The euro is designed to help turn Europe into a single state. Wales and Scotland will become EU regions. England will disappear and be split into nine regions.

FACT 8:
Soon, the EU will be enlarged by the addition of a number of poor Eastern and Central European countries. These countries will make huge demands on the EU. You will have to pay to support them.

FACT 9:
Once England joins the euro there will be no going back. England will be governed by unelected administrators in Brussles. Two World Wars will have been a complete waste of life. We might as well have handed over the keys of the Bank of England to Hitler in 1939.
FACT 10:
If we had not been members of the EU, England would by now have accumulated a surplus of cash so substantial that the Government would be able to pay off every householder’s mortgage.

FACT 11: The EU will ban you from buying effective vitamin therapies and other natural remedies within the EU.

FACT 12:
Because the EU now takes priority over the Queen of England, our Government is rewriting the oaths of allegiance. Members of the armed forces, policemen and civil servants must swear an oath of allegiance to the EU.

You really can make a difference.

You are far more important than you think you are. We need to make this country a better place for your children and their children and their children’s children.
If you don’t act now, what are you going to tell your children in 10 or 20 years from now when the EU has taken away our freedom? That you could have made a difference but you sat back and did nothing? I know you wouldn’t want to live with that guilt. So act today. Don’t let your children down; don’t let down all those people who died trying to save our country in World War I and World War II. And most of all - don’t let yourself down.

‘The easy way out is to turn our backs; to console ourselves with the thought that we can do nothing to change the way things are. And if we choose to do that we can hardly complain if things continue to get worse; if our freedoms and privacy and rights continue to disappear.’

Thousands of people already are fighting to help save our country from the EU. We’re losing pounds and ounces and our feet and inches. Now they want to take our currency. Please join us in the fight to retain our history, our heritage and our freedom.
http://www.vernoncoleman.com/acatalog/Other_Stuff.html

I have never heard such a load of tripe in my life. Members of the armed forces swearing allegence to the EU? Utter nonsense with no basis in fact at all. Vernon Coleman is a committed self publicist with barely a grip on reality. SD how come you blame Blair for this? Have you forgotten that the two biggest events that took the UK into European integration took place under the Tories, first membership of the EEC (PM Edward Heath after a referendum) and it was Maggie herself who signed the Maarstricht Agreement. Finally Hitler never wanted a United States of Europe, he wanted living space for the German speaking peoples with the Reich at its centre, clearly not the same thing.

Indeed it was under Conservative rule that we entered into the Common market and the ball started rolling that is now gaining great speed. Blair is the visible face of operations and as current Prime Minister he's responsible for what is occurring now. Certainly the dismantling of England is more clearly visible nowadays. The complexion of England is changing so fast and furiously and permanently. Coleman raises plenty of issues to get they old grey matter working that's for sure! :)

SD, if you believe all that bo11ocks you might as well sit in the corner and dribble. That is all right wing anti 'everyone' dribble which streaches his very bias view of reality in order to reach the conclusions that suits his view on how life is.

You'd get a more realistic view of the world by reading the Scum...... and that's saying something.

B

Biscuits_AB

He only mentions England. I wouldn't be too quick to damn him. This might be a good thing for the rest of us.

I certainly agree with him that there is a plan to dismantle England and strip her of her national identity and culture. By allowing unchecked immigration in the way we are experiencing, the cultural and racial complexion of England is changing faster than ever which is leading to a complete devastation of our cultural identity.
A country that loses it's identity is easy to meld with neighbouring countries that have also been stripped of their cultural identities. England is currently undergoing a bloodless coup(for now) which will lead to its demise. I certainly agree with him on that point.

Vernon Coleman, Enoch Powell? Not everyone is totally wrong all of the time. And what's wrong with right wing if it highlights the problem? Oh I forgot, we'd all be racists then wouldn't we? Better get back in line. Free speech? Think of ARRSE and every other chat room in the land as Blair's Big Brother. We're fcuked mate.

To shed a little more light on Vernon Coleman's life take a look at his biography, feck me who could argue against a man with credentials like these?

"Professor Vernon Coleman is also a Royal Physician and member of the Ancient Royal Order of Physicians dedicated to His Majesty King Buddhadasa.
In 2000, Vernon Coleman was awarded the Yellow Emperor's Certificate of Excellence as Physician of the Millenium by the Medical Alternativa Institute".

Yellow Emperor? Whats the matter with him, jaundice?

Ex_ex

War Hero
Yeah right, it's the EU destroying our civil liberties and turning this country into a police state isn't it.

I like the way everything is labeled as "FACT" without anything to substansiate them. I think you are barking mad, or Warrior Poet under another username if you believe all this crap

Surely though, by coming directly into line with EU immigration policies, we could no longer be perceived as a "soft touch"? I dare say that our NHS could also finally be kicked into touch. Why would an immigrant want to make a bee line straight for Blighty if our handouts and benefits were no different than any other EU member state? (On a lighter note, I think that Englands new blue football kit with the gold stars would look quite fetching)

skintboymike said:
Surely though, by coming directly into line with EU immigration policies, we could no longer be perceived as a "soft touch"? I dare say that our NHS could also finally be kicked into touch. Why would an immigrant want to make a bee line straight for Blighty if our handouts and benefits were no different than any other EU member state? (On a lighter note, I think that Englands new blue football kit with the gold stars would look quite fetching)
Excellent reason for joining the EU Skint Boy Mike:

"Stay at home boys, it's just as sh1t here as it is where you are".

"Well said Tony, I think you've got this immigration lark cracked at last". :D

SD, what were you looking for when you "stumbled" across his website. Surly The BNP are easy to find, and you can get Mein Kampf from any bookshop

drain_sniffer said:
SD, what were you looking for when you "stumbled" across his website. Surly The BNP are easy to find, and you can get Mein Kampf from any bookshop
Is SD now a right wing racist? Unfortunately unlike football we cannot spend millions on buying the best politicians!

drain_sniffer said:
BNP? Mein Kampf? In the topic title I draw reference to Hitler's attempts to take England by force. This in no way implies my approval of Hitler or his intentions.
Is it really now a requirement of everyone who mentions immigration in a discussion to have to first declare " Im not racist but..."
Numpty

I had drafted a rather lengthy reply to the above but abandoned it after it ran to nearly nine pages of rebuttal that would have sent most people to sleep so I will try to keep it short.

In my opinion, Vernon Coleman's book seeks to make money by capitalising on what Edward Heath in recent years despairingly called: "the appalling level of public ignorance" which is prevalent in this country about the EU and how it actually operates. Vernon will not tell you in any of his so-called 'facts' that it was Sir Winston Churchill who was a major supporter of European integration.

Fact 1 is completely unsupported by evidence and is not a fact at all. Where he gets this idea from is anyone's guess.

Fact 2 may apply to almost any legislature in the world. It was not Brussels who ended the right against self-incrimination, who introduced admissible hearsay evidence into criminal trials, introduced indefinite detention without trial, who seeks to end trial by jury, who introduced ASBOs, and neither is it any other country in Europe who Jails more of it's people per head of population than any other democratic Western Country. The EU did not do that, our own Parliament did that and as far as having criminals in the legislature is concerned, Lord Archer is still entitled to his seat in the House of Lords. Thousands of new laws? Labour have introduced over 350 new criminal offences since 1997 and the idea that you are bound by laws you did not even know existed has been a feature of the common law of England for centuries based as it is on public policy - Ignoratum juris non-excusiat!

Fact 3 is again a myth. The EU did not steal English fishing grounds. What the EU did was to attempt to preserve fish stocks and prevent them being 'fished out' in one traditional national area, by the fishing fleets of other member states. In our case it was Spain!. It set quotas of fishing stocks in EU waters by all of the member states. Mrs Thatcher responded by enacting the Merchant Shipping Act of 1988 which effectively prevented the Spanish fishing fleet fishing in what had now become EU waters and this led ultimately to the lengthy and costly FACTORTAME litigation which cost Britain dear. What Thatcher failed to realise was that designated EU waters meant anywhere in EU waters and was not confined to our own traditional fishing grounds.

Fact 4 is another myth. You will find that the pension schemes in every other European country are a great deal more generous than the pittance we pay to our own old age pensioners.

Fact 5 is a half-truth and only applies in areas in which EU law applies and EU competence does not extend to the entirety of our law. Supremacy is achieved by Act of Parliament - The European Communities Act 1972 which provides for the legislative supremacy of European Treaty provisions we signed up as well as legislative directives issued by the Commission which seek to harmonise the laws of the member states, directives which each of the states has an input in writing and which Committees of both the Commons and the Lords feed in through the European Commission. These directives gave us most of our existing consumer law for example. There are certain areas of law within which the EU are not competent to legislate on - our criminal law being one of them and we can see that in the almost totalitarian body of laws enacted by our own Parliament which our European neighbours would not put up with!

Fact 6 - No fact 6!

Fact 7 - Ireland has had the Euro for some years now - I see no loss of their national identity as a result of it and I see no loss of identity from France or Germany or Italy or Spain or any other country who has it. In fact, a single European Currency existed before the Euro and continues in spite of it. It is that little plastic card that sits in your wallet called 'Visa, American Express, etc and guaranteed in any state not just in the Union but in the world and none of those cards has the Queen's head on it!

Fact 8, The EU is already enlarged to take in the former territories of the former Eastern Block. Yes, we, along with the other member states fund this through our EU contributions made up mainly through VAT payments on goods. It was Blair who gave the entirety of our rebate away while he assumed his six month presidency instead of negotiating it to a level commensurate with contributions from the rest of the member states. There is no evidence however that the newly joined members of the EU are making inordinate demands on our country. Estonia for example is doing rather well economically at the moment and is contributing financially towards the running of the EU in exactly the same way as the other member states.

Fact 9. Member states elect members of the European Parliament and although there was very much of a democratic deficit in the 1980s in which the Commission enjoyed more power than the Parliament, this has been redressed significantly and it is the Parliament who has the most significant voice in the legislative process within the Union. It may come as a shock to some to realise that the European Civil Servants in the Commission are fewer in number looking after the entirety of the member states than are employed by Sheffield Council. This country is in no position to lecture the EU on how to run a country or countries using unelected officials - we are past masters at it. For example, who 'elected' Charlie Falconer - Secretary of State for Constitutional Affairs? Apart from having been a flatmate of Tony's, which constituency does he represent?

Fact 10. No idea where he gets this from?

Fact 11, The sale of vitamins and other supplements are now regulated throughout the EU. This does not mean that they can no longer be purchased. They are still available for sale in chemist shops.

Fact 12, Working towards a common defence policy with a view to a common defence is where he has got this one from. He seems to be playing on the fears of a single European Army instead of each nation's contribution to a common defence policy and common defence. The idea that an oath of allegiance is to be taken to the EU is crass nonsense!

If the EU is such a miserable failure, why are so many countries falling over themselves to join it?

I think this gentleman needs to be more concerned with our ties to America than to Europe. We are a client state of the USA and have a relationship with the USA in the 21st Century that appears indistinguishable from that which existed between Cuba and the USSR in the 20th Century. Presumably he is more happy for that state of affairs to subsist rather than any ties we may have with our European partners!

Perhaps he enjoys being the 51st State of the American Union?

I do not!

Any one of you can 'up sticks' tommorrow and go and live and work anywhere within the EU and operate within a single market. Try upping sticks and moving to the USA tommorrow!

sliding_doors said:
drain_sniffer said:
BNP? Mein Kampf? In the topic title I draw reference to Hitler's attempts to take England by force. This in no way implies my approval of Hitler or his intentions.
Is it really now a requirement of everyone who mentions immigration in a discussion to have to first declare " Im not racist but..."
Numpty
Not at all, I also have concernes on Immigration although I check into the details, and believe me it certainly isnt going on unchecked as you mention You also say that "England loosing its identity, bloodless coup blah blah blah". Do you actually research what you are concerned with to find out the facts, or do you listen to what you are told. You would be amazed by the diferrence. You sound a lot like Warrior Poet in your posts

drain_sniffer said:
sliding_doors said:
drain_sniffer said:
Numpty
Not at all, I also have concernes on Immigration although I check into the details, and believe me it certainly isnt going on unchecked as you mention You also say that "England loosing its identity, bloodless coup blah blah blah". Do you actually research what you are concerned with to find out the facts, or do you listen to what you are told. You would be amazed by the diferrence. You sound a lot like Warrior Poet in your posts
Coleman's stance is merely a topic starter. If I'd wanted to put merely my own views across I would have dispensed with using Coleman's views as a starting point, and merely written my own rant :D
As for checking details- One only needs to step outside one's own front door to observe the reality of the effects of the mass immigration from Eastern Europe and elsewhere that is currently occurring.
You have concerns on immigration too? Care to share them....?

Iolis said:
Fact 6 - No fact 6!
Fact 6 was cleverly hidden in between Facts 5 and 7- It pays to read between the lines :wink:
FACT 6:
Membership of the EU costs you - and everyone in your family - £450 a year.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoleBath The Book Club 9
sirbhp The Book Club 0
ancienturion The Book Club 9