• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Hither Green 'burglar' stabbing: Man, 78, arrested

No problems from me, someone's dead, Police investigation ongoing, if its righteous he'll be cleared.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Thats because 99% of people are stupid cünts.
If you assume every other cúnt is an idiot, you'll seldom be wrong, but when you are, it will come as a nice surprise.

On the other hand, when you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME.

If you assume every other cúnt is an idiot, you'll seldom be wrong, but when you are, it will come as a nice surprise.

On the other hand, when you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME.

I am not assuming, its life experience

I see the beeb insist on sneer quotes round 'burglar'. Breaking into some old chaps house tooled up in the middle of the night would strike me as very definately burglary, unless they are just really persistant jehovas witnesses.

Based on what I've read of the incident in the news I don't foresee a jury rejecting a self-defence excuse. A human life's not commensurate with a nicked telly - or whatever the stabbee might have been eyeing - but burglars are scum & the stabber is a 78-year-old who, it seems, did what every law-abiding householder would like to do to someone who tries to burgle their home.

I see the beeb insist on sneer quotes round 'burglar'. Breaking into some old chaps house tooled up in the middle of the night would strike me as very definately burglary, unless they are just really persistant jehovas witnesses.
As it's a tad difficult to make off with someone's knicknacks if you're dead he didn't actually carry out a burglary. Unlawful entrant? Alleged prospective burglar? Semi-burglar?

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Man, 78, held in 'burglar' murder probe

If the facts are as they would seem to be, let's hope the old boy is inconvenienced as little as possible and is well cared for.
He'll probably get a decent lunch and a nice cup of tea for his inconvenience.
A nice chat with a hopefully experienced DS and a DI and a lift home.
And when he gets home his kitchen should be nice and clean with the vermin having been taken away.

He'll probably get a decent lunch and a nice cup of tea for his inconvenience.
A nice chat with a hopefully experienced DS and a DI and a lift home.
And when he gets home his kitchen should be nice and clean with the vermin having been taken away.
will they pop to argos on the way back & get him a new set of knifes cause forensic's have got his bagged up as evidence ?

Based on what I've read of the incident in the news I don't foresee a jury rejecting a self-defence excuse. A human life's not commensurate with a nicked telly - or whatever the stabbee might have been eyeing - but burglars are scum & the stabber is a 78-year-old who, it seems, did what every law-abiding householder would like to do to someone who tries to burgle their home.
Let’s hope it doesn’t need to get to a jury, if the current reports are correct.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
As it's a tad difficult to make off with someone's knicknacks if you're dead he didn't actually carry out a burglary. Unlawful entrant? Alleged prospective burglar? Semi-burglar?
Actually if you enter a building unlawfully with the intent of stealing there in then just as you step over the threshold you are guilty of burglary. There are other crimes and as its been a while since I investigated one I can't be arsed to list them. GBH is a crime you can commit if you have entered a building unlawfully with intent then that is also a burglary. Then there is aggravated burglary, I'm sure it's on the government web site somewhere if any one is that interested in the definition of burglary.