Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Classic!

I wonder if there is a CD or some such thing from it. I used to have the whole series on cassette tape (yes, I am that old) but they have long disappeared.

I have my towel.

kimmi851

War Hero
Classic!

I wonder if there is a CD or some such thing from it. I used to have the whole series on cassette tape (yes, I am that old) but they have long disappeared.
I have the CDs - MiniMe and her best friend like to listen to it on long drives (this may be partly because the alternative of music has led them to declare my singing worse than Vogon poetry)

Classic!

I’ve got them all on a hard drive somewhere. Can’t remember where I acquired them.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Classic!

You are not alone, I nearly crashed my car I was laughing so much. The wife took them out of the car after that. Guess what? Yep no idea where they are now.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Niamac

GCM
It was that wonderful voice of Peter Jones as the Book that made the whole thing for me.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I had great fun on an exercise in Schleswig Holstein many many years ago.
Now being in the signals platoon we had means to play this comedy and broadcast it over the airwaves.
Some enjoyed it, some had no sense of humour, some really got the arse, I just got the giggles as did the few who were gathered round deciding what was going to be played next.” Life don‘t talk to me about life” got played quite a bit.

Thanks for the reminder:- I have both the LP's, the original double LP,. ( Don't panic) Original records No: ORA 42, (1979) and the second one, with the yellow duck on the cover, The restaurant at the end of the universe. ORA 54. (1980). On my book case, all 5 in the series, which I read every few years, and they still make me laugh.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I had great fun on an exercise in Schleswig Holstein many many years ago.
Now being in the signals platoon we had means to play this comedy and broadcast it over the airwaves.
Some enjoyed it, some had no sense of humour, some really got the arse, I just got the giggles as did the few who were gathered round deciding what was going to be played next.” Life don‘t talk to me about life” got played quite a bit.
I get more out of the books than I do out of the radio series, although I'll agree that Peter Jones's narration was superb.

Chef

LE
Classic!

You're only proper old if you taped them off the radio.

A bunch of us saw the stage play and drank Pan galactic gargle blasters.

Plus the surprise of finding 'The sorcerer's journey' by The Eagles (Everybody likes the Eagles) Which was nice.

Cyberhacker

Old-Salt
You're only proper old if you taped them off the radio.
I was still at school (just) but my English teacher played the first episode in class (off tape), the day after it had been broadcast.

I can never remember the class being so attentive!

Latest Threads