Hit the deck incoming!!!

If you'd gone to Waddington for the Show, hopefully you wouldn't have parked your arse in the undershoot to the threshold which has traffic lights and signs to prevent just such an event.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
There's a clip on Youtube showing what happened when spotters got too close to the end of Cottesmore's runway when a Rockwell B1 fired up the afterburners. It's called "Blown by the Bone" - unfortunately it's copyrighted so I can't attach a link.

What's more the pity is there doesn't appear to be any clips of the Ukranian Backfire's departure from the same show - that made the septic's effort look like a wet fart in a wind tunnel.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
There was a very good video of two F4's at a Cranwell passing out Parade.
The came in so low they hit the after burner to pull up and avoid the building.
Apperently the sequence is sonething like noise, camera falls over, people fall over,hats being blown all over.
I was told that the reveiwing officer was blown off the diase also.

the RAF guard it very closely though and I've never heard of it in the public domain.

He was pretty low and getting lower when he decided to get out and walk.

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC8QtwIwAg&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dohKKp0EvTs&ei=Qve-U5yBPYrK0QXf0oC4CQ&usg=AFQjCNHelJ48dtvRzJoh-56RQfs4mhLBxQ

According to a thread over on Pprune, the low-flying F4 "salute" was during the Sovereign's Parade: which might explain the alleged termination of the airy-plane driver's career and the lack of availability of any video in the public domain.

That particular video used to (and knowing the way these things go, still is) used on the FLAC and other such flying supervisory courses.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
According to a thread over on Pprune, the low-flying F4 "salute" was during the Sovereign's Parade: which might explain the alleged termination of the airy-plane driver's career and the lack of availability of any video in the public domain.

What a way to go though

Can you imagine what he put under the heading "have you ever been sacked from a previous job" on his next application.

Yes almost hit Cranwell collage in front of HM Queen with F4 Phantom.

Now a days it'd be on Youtube before they even got of the ground.

Just love that title :
F16 makes extremely low landing.
For the uninformed, landings in general tend to be a bit on the low side, ground level to be more precise. Now the approach is a slightly different matter, as it comes directly before the landing it can be very low or even quite high.
F**king journos.

I’m glad I didn’t go to RAF Waddington for this display https://uk.screen.yahoo.com/video/playlist/amazing-planes/f16-makes-extremely-low-landing-094209286.html
This puts a new twist on a Turkish Holiday from Hell.....
Alternate title: Twats lurk on edges of A road and misrepresent story.

Waddington has a fairly plush portakabin affair to cater for nosey civvy anoraks right opposite where the AWACS Rivet Joint are sat .

Coningsby has Typhoons lined up within grenade throwing distance of a road too.

Its not like anyone would need to damage that many to make UK airspace vulnerable.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
72 feet? Pah!! That was 50 feet higher than the Buccs flew at. Watched a Bucc do a fly-past at Leuchars during a Famillies day. I was standing on the BFI tanks and was looking down into the cockpit as he ...errrr... "trundled"..... past at warp 10.

AAGF

RIP
RIP
An excuse to post my personal favourite - turn up the volume for this one and watch the lower right side of the screen ...

There's a clip on Youtube showing what happened when spotters got too close to the end of Cottesmore's runway when a Rockwell B1 fired up the afterburners. It's called "Blown by the Bone" - unfortunately it's copyrighted so I can't attach a link.
Just post a link to their youtube page

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads