Hit and Run

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Karlosfandango, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am hoping that some of you out there can help me. Yesterday (Tuesday 23 June) I was travelling to work on my bike along the A405 towards Watford (opposite the M1 North turning) when an metalic orange 4x4 decided to turn right (crossing 2 lanes of a dual carrigeway) causing a car to swerve and then take me out in the process. They decided not to stay around to see if I was ok.

Though people stopped to help me and there were a few witnesses nobody saw the registration, the police say they dont hold out much hope of catching the offender.

This is were i call upon yourselves for help. Have any of you notices a Orange 4x4 (freelander/Rav4 size) with a damage to the offside front wing dvrs door area in the last 24/36hrs around that area? If so I would be grateful if you could pass the details onto me so I can forward them onto the police. Hopfully we can catch them and pay for my bike to be repaired.

3. That's because they're useless cunts. Hope you get the info you are looking for.

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I think k13eod owns a metalic orange 4x4? And he lives somewhere near Watford.

I'd call the police and tell them if I were you.

5. The MIB is your friend.

Chances are, even if someone does notice said 4x4, it wont be followed up. As long as you are insured then the MIB iirc will pay for your damages.