History will show that George W Bush was right

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by depthcharge, Jan 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting first post, Andrew

2. Roberts is a long time admirer of Bush.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Roberts_(historian)

Since 1997, Andrew Roberts has addressed hundreds of institutional and academic audiences in many countries. He delivered the White House Lecture in February 2007. before the lecture, he and his wife spent forty minutes alone with President Bush in the Oval Office. The President then gave a lunch for them, also attended by Vice-President Dick Cheney, National Security Advisor James Hadley, Chief of Staff Josh Bolten, and Senior Advisor Karl Rove.

3. He was right. He had a good number of bumbling idiots taking care of the details though.

4. I think Andrew Roberts needs to take his head for a serious wobble. Then again, I suppose if you've accepted the President's hospitality in the past, it's hard to do anything but write a fawning, sycophantic piece like this.

5. Now I'm no historian but seeing as he's not even a president of the 20th century that's going to be a pretty short debate.

6. I think that the future will show I was right for getting rid of my ex. Does that help?

I smell a troll.

7. Highly esteemed mr.Bush is a great president, outstanding. The fact that he was reelected shows that the Americans adore his leader and such a pity that he can not be reelected 3d and 4th times.

I believe that the strategists in Kremlin and blokes from Lubuyanka undergrounds would recall the time of his presidency with tears from laughing.

8. Maybe, but he's now got more money than he knows what to do with while the strategists in the Kremlin and blokes from Lubuyanka undergrounds are, well, in the Kremlin and the Lubuyanka undergrounds. I know who I'd rather be!

9. So from financial point of view he was right as well. As for money then I'm sure that his wife Laura would help mr.Bush if he doesn't know what to do with them.

10. "and in Britain we have lost fewer soldiers than on a normal weekend on the Western Front"

WTF does that mean? It means it is a meaningless play on statistics. How many men were actually on the Western Front depends at what date you examine the numbers. It almost makes it sound OK - its fecking not!

Edited to add - I smell a Troll as well :evil:

11. Heh! I'm glad I wasn't the only one trying to work out how they're figured that 2001 was part of the 20th century! :roll: So far he's both the best and the worst president of the 21st century and none of us (save for those who take the cryogenic option!) will be around to have the debate at the close of the 21st century.

12. Speak for yourself! Alcohol is a well known preservative and by judicious use of it I plan to see in 2100.

- Dunno if I'll be in a coherent enough state to debate best/worst US presidents though... :lol: