Historic Sex abuse at German RAF base investigated

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by JoeCivvie, Feb 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Former RAF serviceman quizzed over child abuse claims
    Former RAF serviceman quizzed over child abuse claims

Military police are investigating allegations of sex abuse of children at a former RAF base in Berlin.
    Wing Commander Mike Dixon said a man in his early 60s from London had been interviewed over the claims.
    The allegations date from between 1981 and 1989 and involve a former RAF serviceman stationed in Berlin during that time.
    The inquiry is being run by RAF Police Special Investigations and Intelligence Branch.
    Wing Cdr Dixon said: "A man in his early 60s, from the London area, has been interviewed by the RAF Police regarding allegations relating to the sexual abuse of children whilst he was serving in the RAF at an RAF base in Berlin in the 1980s. Inquiries continue."
    Investigators are asking any potential victims or witnesses to come forward.
    Wing Cdr Dixon said: "Anyone who served at, or had connections with, the former RAF base at Gatow during the 1980s and early 1990s, who believes that they have any information relating to the alleged offences, is urged to contact us in absolute confidence."
  2. The inquiry is being run by RAF Police Special Investigations and Intelligence Branch.
  3. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Which probably makes the accused feel quite safe
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Have they moved on from using "Life on Mars" as a training aid?
  5. A civvie being investigated by snowdrops. surely he can tell them to do one?
  6. I'd be doing it anyway, just to be sure.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It might be that the RAFP took a statement from him, rather than an interview under caution - the papers often get the two confused. Or that as the alleged offence was committed in BFG, they somehow still retain jurisdiction, even now this bloke is now a civvy.
  8. He was in the RAF so technically a civvie even whilst serving
    • Like Like x 10
  9. This sounds like a job for the feared 'elite'...RMP (SIB).
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I wouldn't be getting a sweat on if those mongs are conducting enquiries.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Was there a TV involved?
  12. Not yet, but there will be once they've found out where you live. And a quantity of Class A will be conveniently found under your sink. Next to your well thumbed collection of 'Schoolboys Monthly'.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. I'll put my hands up for the stolen TV, whizz and mucky paedo mag.
    But if you think I'm admitting to serving in the RAF you've got another think coming, oh yes.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Am I the only whose chain of thought goes RAF - Berlin - kiddyfiddling - Geoffrey Prime? This case is too late for it to be he, but who knows, maybe it's just something crabs do?
  15. As the person in question is no longer serving and hasn't been for a number of years he will not be subject to Service jurisdiction, that would rest with the local German authorities. As already mentioned it would seem that the RAFP has merely recorded a statement. The question that puzzles me is, why has this taken so long to emerge?