Hiring / buying No2s

A mate is getting married next year and as usher I am charged with kitting us both with No 2s. As we are TA , we are not issued with such so I am looking to hire rather than buy . ( TA lance jacks don't get the opportunity to wear this stuff very often . ) I also need buttons, collar tags , drill caps etc .

Any ideas where this kit might be available . Based wales / west country .

Many thanks .

Surely as the groom your mate would be in No. 1s and the rest of you in No. 2s?

Doesn't your unit have a stock of this kit for Remembrance Sunday etc?

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Each TA unit is entitled to hold 50% of the units established stengh (under Cpl) SNCO and above are entitled.

So speak to your QM.

There is quite a few Regular units West Country way if your TA unit cant sort you out, find the nearest unit just give them a bell. You will find the Regs are quite supportive of the TA most of the time

Thanks Blob. I guess RMP will bin the belt and replace it with something a little bit whiter!

No units are being issued the 'old style' anymore, even if you require exchange.

Recruits (reg) are only given them for passing out and then have to return them.

blobmeister said:
Pictures were available in the gallery. Do you like the belt, because that is how we will be wearing it!
That belt is fucking horrible, thanks fook I'm out in two years so won't have to wear it too often. Not that I like wearing a ginger drinking suit that smells like wet dogs!!!

strima said:
blobmeister said:
Pictures were available in the gallery. Do you like the belt, because that is how we will be wearing it!
That belt is fucking horrible, thanks fook I'm out in two years so won't have to wear it too often. Not that I like wearing a ginger drinking suit that smells like wet dogs!!!

20 years served and since trg i have omly worn my no 2's once (remembrance sunday 1990 Tidworth) so im not even going to bother getting any.

blobmeister said:
No units are being issued the 'old style' anymore, even if you require exchange.

Recruits (reg) are only given them for passing out and then have to return them.
I passed out phase 1 in aughust and passed out of RAC Phase 2 recently i still got mine.