Hire Car Corparate Rate

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Interceptor, Apr 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In previous Forces Discount Brochures you could get various corporate codes for all the big hire car companies. The latest edition basically send you to Forces Travel.com who claim to get preferential rates.

Well, they don't.

Does anyone have any working codes for Alamo, Avis, Hertz etc. Please PM me if you would rather not post them.

Thanks in advance.

I

2. Thanks for your overwhelming response.

Anyone regularly hire cars and fancy helping out a good Arrser?

I

3. I thought it was sufficient to tell them you are HM Forces and as long as you have an ID card to present, it isnt a problem.......you do have a MOD F 90 now don't you?
    Or are you trying to swing the lamp?

NB

4. Eurocar hire...no messing around, showed ID got good discount gave a story i was on R+R AND THEN BACK OUT TO iraq...blah blah...more discount and a free up grade to better car...cant fault them...

5. Got an Avis few weeks back, Mod 90's enough

6. Europcar do a MoD rate. VG for one way hires. Circa £50 a day for Clarkson approved motors. Had the card so long I can't remember how I got it.

7. Right, you fukcers. I always book my hire cars on-line (PPPPPP). This is what I meant:

Avis - quote discount number X001001. 10% in UK.
    Hertz - quote UK CDP No: 719619 or BAOR CDP No: 641600.
    Thrifty - FDB020. 10% in UK, 5% overseas.

Also, Europcar do a weekend rate that chopped 10% off my bill. Enter 42392250.

Now that should help.

I

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

This probably doesn't help but I hire all the time (not owning a motor means I can hire nice cars when I want) and:

Sixt give up to 35% discount on their standard rate for regular customers and a Mil discount for MOD90 holders. The German end will let you take the car without fully comp insurance if you promise really hard not to smash it up.

Europcar and Avis give decent MOD90 reduced rates, also for ex-soldiers I think if you can prove it (normally British Legion ID should be enough).

I can also recommend speaking to Warrick on 0870 742 0720:

[​IMG]

He's a lovely lad and offers a reasonable discount if you're booking late and he's got no other takes. His F60 is the nuts.

9. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

link don't work

10. Strangely, this fella didn't have a 1.1 Corsa...

11. I have always had a good deal by booking alamo, you can often get a better deal by booking on line then negotiating when you get there. they are often keen to get rid of unpopular motors to free up the middle sized cars so be prepared to take a people carrier etc for a discount.

12. I've found Alamo/National very good as well. Also found that when I booked a car back home in Canada for a one way trip back to the Airport my details were already held on the computer as was the 'UK Military' discount. Not sure how this sits OPSEC wise, but I got a good deal anyways.

Another good company is Enterprise. They are best for weekend hires, and I think because they are a smaller company are more willing to give discounts or free upgrades. They also pick you up and drop you off for free as well.

13. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I stand by my Sixt hire car,

BMW525 for the weekend for 77 EURO

It doesn't get much better than that

14. I get a Merc E class (the 3litre diesel normally) from Herz Heathrow for 45 quid a day all in... The poor buggers still think I am a Director with KPMG as I get my old PA to do the bookings :) (also get to stay in Marriott hotels for 100Euros a night all in).

Edited to add: Yes, I can be a smug git at times!