Hippy!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by VarSity, Aug 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the way back from work today, a hippy looking chap asked me to sign a petition to stop the BNP holding some sort of rally/speaking session at a council owned hall.

I politely pointed out to the man that such action would be hindering their free speech (despite me have a strong dislike for the BNP) and as such I couldn't support it.

Said hippy then looked at me like I was proposing putting a statue to Hitler up in Trafalgar square, and became quite irate when I pointed out whilst I disagree with their views, I fully support their freedom to hold such an opinon...

This did no go down well... Should I have

A) Head butted said hippy and pointed out it hurt me more emotionally than it did him physically?
    B) Set fire to his beard and chant 'Thatcher is god!"
    C) Explained to him in detail how it is ironoc that a member of a hippy based organisation is seeking to hinder the free speech of others...

2. All of them, is this order.

C, B, A, A, A, A, A, C (if he's still concious.)

3. or

D) Asked him why he hadn't got anything better to do than moan about people exercising their right to freedom of expression, like get an honest job or take care of his own family before worrying about what other people think about other people

then headbutted him

4. Fecked him off back into the Age of Aquarius, IMHO...Frankly, having heard the dollop the BNP and its charismatic leadership come out with, I suggest we put them on tea-time TV and give everyone a giggle.

5. You just needed to say "Cool."

It's the Hippy equivalent of a Yorkshireman's "'Appen."

Or if you want to sound really articulate, I believe the full phrase is "Cool, baby, it's really free."

6. Having been in Tescos in Catterick this evening, the phrase is not "Cool baby cool", it's "Do you want a fucking slap"?

They were chavs not hippys though.

Same same. Unwashed dirty heathen.

7. No. Hunting for cock.

Got a problem with that?

8. Have you considered Waitrose rather than Tesco? I understand one can find a superior product there....

9. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or Aldi/Lidl, it's cheaper, piled high and easy to reach.

10. Do you not have a mirror at home?

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Musty concur here. Hippies are the first to cry out about their right to protest, their right to free speech, and the oppression of the masses.

However bad the BNP are, they are a political party who only exist through the power of the ballot box, and they have as much right as anyone to voice their opinions.

D, A, C, A, B, A, A, A, A.

12. There was a long haired peice of sh1t hippy in Dubai Airport last week.... he had this sh1tty green top and flowery trouser's that girls wear.....it was only my strong will power that stopped me from setting the cnut on fire

13. No...no...rigid shaft like a baby's arm, bulging with veins, purple head like a lamb's heart...that's not just c0ck, that's M&S c0ck...

14. You should have politely enquired as to why he/she/it wasn't at the "Climate Camp" thingy in Kent.