Hippy tries to to walk to India; gets as far as Calais

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yellow_Devil, Feb 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/7270401.stm

Mmm, a well-known adage about Proper Prior Planning comes to mind...
  2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I heard him on the radio this morning. Hard to imagine a person more out of touch with reality. The fact that he had to work for 6 or 7 hours a week had prevented him from learning French, FFS.
  3. French Cnuts
  4. When he gets to Italy is he going to call it off again until he's done a tour of France whilst learning Italian?

It's a nice enough idea but what a prize plonker!
  5. I wish him luck with his attempt to walk around Great Britain's coastline relying merely on the goodwill of people for food and accomodation.
    I wonder if the bookies are taking bets on how many times he will be stopped/harrassed/arrested by chavs/police during this effort.
  6. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

On the Toady Programme, R4 this morning, the announcer sounded rather upset that the French "did not realise he wa a peace activist on a pilgramage, but rather thought he was an asylum seeker."

My heart pumps purple pish - peace activist on a pilgrimage indeed! Well done the Frogs - perhaps he should have paid more attention in school :)
  7. I heard this on the way in this morning. He says he will now walk around the coast of Britain, AND LEARN FRENCH. Now I was a bit of a swot at St Agnelinas for the Bewilderd Infant and geography was a favourite subject. I do not recall France sharing a border with India, or have I missed something?
  8. If I bump into him cadging his way around the country, I'll be more than happy to provide him with lunch, a hearty helping of knuckle butty with a side serving of derision and scorn.
  9. Do we have any MOD ranges on coastlines anymore...??
  10. Lulworth Cove, IIRC... Hippy meets Rarden? I see a YouTube favorite in the making.
  11. Cant wait for his overland crossing of Afghanistan or Iran!!! But then he will probably of already been picked up in Iraq by that athletics team that wear orange tracksuits! :cry:
    Somehow, when they ask for money for his return, the bit about "getting rid of money" will disappear from his manifesto!!!
  12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I like the idea that he's only learning french. Is he saying that they're the only tight fisted people he expects to come across between the GB and IN? I like him!
  13. FFS surely the Frogs know by now that asylum seekers go FROM Calais
  14. I'm sure I saw a pic of a Phalanx on the back of a trailer somewhere on here.... Hmmmm Hippy meets Phalanx? It slices, it dices, cuts, chops and peels :twisted:
  15. haha nearly laughed my c*ck off, f*ckwit (pouvez vous me donner quelque chose me manger et mettre vers le haut pour la nuit s'il vous plaît) still hope when he passes Barry Budden the live firing is taking place (targets will scream when hit), freeloading b*stard should join the rest of the freeloading scum in Westminster, they work about the same hours a week