Hip Pads

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by alfred_the_great, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to be working with you green lot in the new year (am a dark blue, ipod wearing, fattie) and the man from stores has given me hip-pads to stick on my webbing. Will I be mocked mercilessly for being weak for wearing it, or is it accepted kit?

Not a wah, standing by for the in-coming, wouldn't mind a real answer!!
  2. It would be quite silly not to, it's a good bit of kit and you should definitely wear it with your webbing.

Now you may still be mocked for the appearance overall of your webbing!
  3. Nothing wrong with them; very handy if you're of the thinner variety or find webbing uncomfortable. Make sure the webbing's properly put together though, the ARRSEpedia's got a decent article on it.
  4. alfred - what job are you doing?
  5. B_Z - seen, webbing constructed in accordance with!
    R_F - PM inbound

6. Definitely use it, hip pads are really popular. I'm just jealous you got issued yours, I had to fork out for mine!
  7. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Nowt gay with them. Pretty much every infanteer I know uses one. I remember one CSM of my acquaintence that thought they were effectively an admission of homosexual communism, then we did a few days in the field with him actually doing stuff (!) and lo, a CSM who has suddenly changed his mind...!!

Def worth it. If you can get those full length versions, they're the nuts.
  8. Excellent piece of kit - highly recommended - any fool can be uncomfortable!
  9. If you're getting bruises over protruding hip bones (e.g. if you're doing P Coy and have lost about 3 stone in weight) then a better alternative is one of those rubber/elastic back supports sold at Boots and some sports shops - the same range where you get ankle/knee/elbow supports.

Instead of using the support around your waist, you drop it down over your hips. These supports don't move around, and they're also wide enough to prevent burns from the bottom edge of the bergan (particularly if you're an airborne hero still using a SAS bergan......).
  10. 8465-99-869-0392

Google the number or PLCE hip pad gives a few options/suppliers
  11. Hip pads are comfortable 8)
  12. Vanguard hip pad all the way
  13. I've been given 2 of the pusser's issue ones that are now firmly on both sets of my webbing (constructed IAW arrsepedia 'the basics').

thanks all,

14. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Both sets of webbing? Are you a siamese twin joined at the head?!?!

Please lord, let it be true...! :Twisted:
  15. Indeed, I'm doing the green stuff as otherwise it would be a breach of ooman rights, the RN has many, many siamese twins in its ranks, and we can do anything everybody else does. We do have have a particularly large beret mind.....