Himmler murdered by British Intelligence, not suicide.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ord_Sgt, Apr 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Surfing at lunch time I came across this site and this quote;

And these it seems confirm it;

I'm not shocked but more surprised they've let it leak that thats what really happened, doesn't this stuff normally get hidden away for 100 years?
  2. sadly not

The relevant documents are widely believed to be forgeries:

3. Ord Sgt, you may find that reliance on a site headlined by David Irving (famous holocaust denier) and proclaiming itself to be the 'International Campaign for Real History' is perhaps unwise - you may wish to expand your research to some alternative sources. I am also surprised by the signature on the last letter you uploaded - surely a letter addressed 'My Dear Top' would finish with 'Brendan' rather than 'Brendan Bracken' as he is clearly on familiar terms.

Damn, Yellow - beat me to it and with facts and evidence and everything!
  4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

From 2005 but not picked up? David Irving involved?

5. I've had a quick look at your linky. My only comment is that the Mick Murphy I knew in the Intelligence Corps was only a SSgt and a fcuking scruffy bugger.

The rest of it is intriguing. But so what?

Edited to replace an asterisk; how come some can swear on here, but I can't? My mum says I'm old enough now.
  6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Yeah came across Irvings contribution after I'd posted, which of course set the alarm bells ringing. I was surprised that something this big, if true, was not more well known about. :oops:

Back to work, move along, nothing to see here. :p
  7. We can only hope it was slow for the twat.

But obviously forgeries, the way its wrote, for one they would never use his real name.
    I hope it was true but unfortunatly doesnt look like it
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Anybody want to buy some diaries?

Or a nice bridge?
  9. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/08/01/nhimm01.xml

The NA report on all this apparently isn't available yet.
  10. I remember seeing an interview with one of the men who arrested Himmler in 1945. There was a strong implication that once they realised who it was, they gave him a good shoeing before passing him up the chain.

Not the same as bumping him off, although there were supposed to have been a few unofficial squads from the Jewish Brigade tracking down known war criminals and taking them for "a walk in the woods".
  11. The bit that worries me is if it is to be believed 'we' topped 'Little H' (love that bit!) why is there no mention of 'us' doing-in his 'Frue und kinder' at the same time? Sloppy forgery drills (thought Irving would have grasped at that point too)!
  12. ...what did the yanks want him for and what did we have to hide ?

my only regret that he may have died too swiftly, I am sure in similar circumstances he would have drawn out the process for weeks and extracted everything required .....I do hope he is spinning on a spit downstairs so I can add some petrol when I check in, a bad bad man who Martin McG will surely replace above the flames
  13. Apparently he made a cracking egg banjo (those formative years spent as a chicken farmer).
  14. Also using PWE in the alleged assassination plan was rather bizarre. The Political Warfare Executive was the enemy propaganda department conducting psychological warfare against the Axis.

I detect the hand of Holocaust-deniers in all this. They have tried to demonise PWE as the agency responsible for "faking the Holocaust", principally they claim it was done by Sefton Delmer as head of black propaganda and his good friend Leonard Ingrams. (Ingrams did work for both SOE and PWE involved in economic warfare against Germany).

Sounds like this nasty little fraud was to help further their conspiracy theory against PWE.

Seeding archives with fake material is a real worry. I'm glad to see the security at Kew has been very much hiked up over the last few years. Fortunately this attempt was badly executed and easy to detect.
    But Kew should really print a sequential serial number on every page of a document before it's released to the public or use some other security measure to help prevent this sort of thing.
  15. I see that this "Himmler's Secret War" book is available on Google Book Search.

Just had a quick look at some of it and I think there's even more faked sources used then just the Himmler assassination correspondence. There's a memo about attacking Russia that looks very dubious too (page 92).