Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Invicta, May 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tonight BBC Panorama showed a damning documentary about the tragedy that occurred at Sheffield Wednesday's Hillsborough stadium in Sheffield during the FA Cup Semi Final between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest on 15 April 1989.

96 Liverpool supporters were crushed to death.

Following this tragedy many accusations were made about who was responsible and the exact circumstances. Since the initial inquest these have largely been proved false. Much that was hidden has come to light in recent years. If you didn't watch this program when it was broadcast tonight then I urge you to spare the 60 minutes and to do so now.

BBC panorama has got things wrong in the past, but I urge you to give this the attention that it deserves.

BBC iPlayer - Panorama: Hillsborough - How They Buried the Truth
    • Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
  2. It was OK.
  3. I haven't got into the various mud slinging threads on here over the past few years that have lambasted Hillsborough. Too much bollocks spouted by the 'slag off scousers at all costs' brigade.
    I was there that day but got out of the pens by climbing over those awful railings before the crush got too bad. Last nights docu is very well worth watching. Those speaking did not have a pro-Liverpool axe to grind & their words were first uttered back when it happened.
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Really, does anybody give a rat's arse?
  5. The families of the people that died probably "give a rat's arse".
  6. Are they signed in?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. If a member of your family had died, the events of that death had been covered up, with evidence of lies and deceit by the very people who were tasked to find out the truth, would you give a rats arse?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You have to admire the quality of those pens though.
  9. SOI

SOI LE

About the compo?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I have seen less anxiety over 9/11.
  11. But accepted wisdom from various "Impartial" Inquiries is that there were at most only a couple of dozen fans without tickets. I have seen more than that at an Evostick North game. It's this blanket pardon of the fans while promoting Thatchers stormtroopers theory that gets my back up
  12. If you watch Air Crash Investigation it's clear that most accidents are caused not by one factor but by several coming together and lining up the holes that allow the disaster to occur. Hillsborough was classic example. Poor crowd control by the police and football club, poor training for match commanders, terracing designed to prevent access to the pitch (thanks to fan behaviour over the past fifteen years), poor communication between police outside and inside the ground (on different channels) and ticketless fans determined to get into the ground. Tragic for those who lost their lives or loved ones, but the sole fault of the police?
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Crikey thats a bit balanced isnt it. I keep hearing these small voices like yours but others seem not to listen. I am for neither one side nor the other but I agree the problem is many faceted but one side will always blame the other for many many years. Even last night watching Paxman on WW1 there were 2 trade unionist who were as biased as all get out about war profiteering (wrong I agreed) and how the war was only extended and fought to bring profit.

I'm off the subject no arnt I. Sorry but it made me sad that people cant just let some stuff go.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. So the answer to my piquant, erudite and oh-so-witty query seems to be:

Er, not many people.

Moving on...