Hillsborough 1444 Bizzies Referred To The IPCC

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. 1,500 people to investigate! Almost 1,500! That's so ridiculous it's laughable. There isn't a law enforcement agency in the UK that could handle that workload within a realistic timeframe (ie: before everyone involved is dead!)

3. Not laughable that over fourteen hundred people who held / hold a warrant card are deemed worthy of investigation by their own disciplinary panel?

No? Just me chuckling at the prospect of a wholesale destruction of a constabulary's name. You think that's laughable, wait til you see anyone convicted by a coppers evidence that is found in breach by the IPCC use that fact to cast doubt on virtually anything they ever did in uniform.

That's the scale of this. I bet Bettison and West Yorks are shaking like shitting dogs after his complete humping in the Commons tonight too.

4. Mr_Fingerz

I rather suspect that a (large) number of them will be retired come next April.

5. And that's not counting having to sift through all the vexatious dross that'll be there. Good luck with that one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Were 1,444 (or whatever) cops even on duty that day? Are you suggesting they are all lying crooks? From what I interpret what happened was the cops on duty told the truth and certain senior elements decided to 'remove' certain paragraphs in their statements (to save their own asses obviously) And, I am not joking, there does not exist an organisation big enough to investigate that amount of individuals. Think about it. Oh wait, there might be one ..G4S

• Like Like x 2
  7. I believe the Civil Service are not recruiting at the moment, due to hard times etc,. So the work will be done by outside "consultants", including lots of lawyers. And it will drag on for years. And what will it prove anyway?

Where does it end, has anybody mentioned Ibrox yet?

8. Not relevant, they will still have to interviewed, I use the term loosely, regarding their actions, written statements etc.

9. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

The tragedy of Hillsborough is in the past and no amount of new inquests will help.

However, perverting the course of justice by S Yorks police is a crime to be investigated and if criminal proceedings take place then all for the good. For the rank and file officers, I have a little more sympathy but they were professionals who knew exactly what a false statement meant. Just because its 25 years later doesnt make it right. The more senior officers who arranged this whole concocted statements affair need jailing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Deemed worthy?

You mean 'were on duty.'

Do stop scare mongering. The city of self pity types are already lining the streets, we don't need it on the Internet as well.

People with attitudes like yours are too short sighted to see the implications carpet bombing all the bobbies on duty that day and immediately after has on public confidence in and the morale of the South Yorks Police of today, the vast majority of whom were probably in school in 1989.

You chuckle away. An entire Police Service having its name dragged through the mud thus destroying the many good works it has done over the years is hilarious.

Petulant child. You and those like you are the reason people switch off as soon as a scouser is aggrieved in anyway, particularly if it woz de bizzeys dat dun it.

• Like Like x 5
  11. While South Yorkshire police seem to be in the shit over these aleged criminal actions, can we assume that police forces in the rest of the country were not getting up to similar tricks? Or are there lots of coppers around the country praying that no one digs too deep into the cesspit that the SYP seems to have been.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr_Fingerz

No, I don't think that MrSB meant "Were on duty" he meant what he said. The words are plain enough.

What concerns me is that some bright spark will try to take the entire issue forward as the reason why we need a national police force, rather than the structure that we have now, using some farcical "increased accountability" rationale.

• Like Like x 1
  13. My word you ARE an angry little man aren't you?

Now read my post again and give your ******* head a wobble. The only people doing the carpet bombing are the people who are charged with forwarding names to the IPCC in the rush to be seen to be in action after 23 years of inaction.

As to your next point that was kind of mine too. What you fail to recognise is that we are Policed by consent, something that was forgotten by those who appear to have some shit sticking to them in the whole tawdry affair. Petulant child? The only one with their titty lip out in this thread would seem to be you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Mr_Fingerz

@hexitele

If (as you posted) most of SYP are all too young to have been there, collective memory aside, why should they be embarassed by the (in)actions of their predecessors?