Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill walking stupidity

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Same on Salisbury Plain, even McDonald’s wrappers, nearest McD is in Melksham over 10 miles away, the scoff would be cold by the time they got here so why wait until up on the Plain to chuck it out the window.

We're over 50miles from McDonald's, KFC or burger king and still get the wrappers lying about

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
FB_IMG_1613491567657.jpg

An RAF Mountain Rescue Team in the Highlands, 1950s. Unfortunately, the catalogue entry for this photograph doesn't record if this was a drill or an actual rescue. [Jimmy Nairn Collection, Highland Photographic Archive]

Don’t get me started about the amount of litter being left out in the ooloo nowadays. When out daily with the dogs across the South Downs and other areas of my manor, I always pick up (the odd bit of, as it was then) litter and stowed it in the game pocket of my coat to dispose of. Now I’m taking my roe sack out most days - crisp packets, plastic water bottles, drinks cans, supermarket bags, black bin bags, the aforementioned gloves and socks (socks??) food waste, clingfilm and to top it all, a disposable nappy.

I fear now that the scum have found our green and pleasant land, we’re not going to get it back any time soon.
In the Shires the nice little country rambles are muddy swamps with plastic bottles and tins all over the place. The Lock down variety of dog of choice doesn't help which seem to be out of control, then take chunks out of each other and crap all over the place. The sooner the in comers go home the better!
Ba humbug!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Did notice this this morning, incredibly devastating to the team and for Chris Lewis especially. Do hope this sad tale causes the idiots to stay at home on their X boxes or order a Dominos instead.

Unfortunately I doubt it because the morons consider it their right to do as they wish.

Himmler74

On ROPS
On ROPs
Did notice this this morning, incredibly devastating to the team and for Chris Lewis especially. Do hope this sad tale causes the idiots to stay at home on their X boxes or order a Dominos instead.
It won’t make, as there’s been a few heading up Place Fell this morning as I walked the dogs, cars parked at patterdale church, Chris is in good spirits as expected.

It won’t make, as there’s been a few heading up Place Fell this morning as I walked the dogs, cars parked at patterdale church, Chris is in good spirits as expected.
Sorry to hear that. The emergency services and volunteer services have always done such a cracking job in hideous weather so to get broad sided with this is tragic.

....is that the gofundme page set up by Chris's colleague John Gale which Falling plate mentions in post 1,910 @ £26,000-ish? Or another?

I have no odds against how many or by whom - the gentleman will have many expenses to cover over for the required adaptations over the coming years to create a good quality of life and career.

bentobox

Old-Salt
....is that the gofundme page set up by Chris's colleague John Gale which Falling plate mentions in post 1,910 @ £26,000-ish? Or another?

I have no odds against how many or by whom - the gentleman will have many expenses to cover over for the required adaptations over the coming years to create a good quality of life and career.
It was another one, there was an issue that the MRT could not set up such a thing due to their charity status I think. See post 1967.

well, they will no doubt have sorted out how to handle it so it goes through the right channels to the right person - it is still running and 23 donations made in the two minutes I was perusing it.

Latest Threads