Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill walking stupidity

A.N.Other

Old-Salt
Looks like MR might be getting new toys... Jet suit paramedic 'could save lives'

Not sure I'd enjoy lugging that kit back down the hill when the juice tanks are empty.

It'll also need some smart tasking to make sure it's only used when needed and ca find the casualty in "normal" hillwalking conditions of wet / dark.
At £440,000 a set they're coming to MR! Can barely afford to keep the 4x4 on the road most years.

That's the ambulance service having a play. AFAIK the HARTs are already sniffing around getting moist at the prospect of a new toy they'll never use in anger

wheel

LE
Yeah, we've already discussed this - there's bound to be a weight limit and that'll rule out most healthcare workers.
I would wager it would take longer to put the kit on than it would to walk to the casualty, not to mention the risk assessment before take off. Who is forking out for the training of the paramedics if you could get one to volunteer for it.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Re introduction of wolves will reduce demand by nightfall

1601400177045.png

Perhaps a defib is not all that's needed. Good short term solution but trained personnel will be required if there's to be any chance to save the victim.

Perhaps a defib is not all that's needed. Good short term solution but trained personnel will be required if there's to be any chance to save the victim.

No arguments that it covers all options but it was a heart attack that was mentioned on the TV coverage. At least the bit that I heard.

[Divert]Is there any sort of structure supporting the pilots body weight or is it all on his arms?[/Divert]

Fuck me, that's narrowing down the options if they're spending all that purely to deal with heart attacks.

Wonder how the thing performs in rain? It would be interesting to see what happens if one of the turbines flames out in flight. Thing about shit hitting the fan is that it tends to happen in less than ideal conditions most of the time.

Fuck me, that's narrowing down the options if they're spending all that purely to deal with heart attacks.

Wonder how the thing performs in rain? It would be interesting to see what happens if one of the turbines flames out in flight. Thing about shit hitting the fan is that it tends to happen in less than ideal conditions most of the time.
It's all fluff - PR.

I won't go into details but the MREW Drone thing has been fun to watch, and best ignored - we do our own thing now as is our wont - Trev know's what I mean.

Apply the same to this and it won't take off...

It drops the defib on the casualty from 150m or so, delivering the coup de grace and everyone goes back to the pub.
In my mind’s eye, I see jet-pack-guy landing next to a casualty on a dry, grassy hillside and setting it alight, thus ensuring that a heart-attack suddenly becomes of lesser urgency to said casualty.

Apparently I am taking the hubby of a friend of Mrs F in September, will be fully equipped
Don't go up the North side, it's rather uuuummm challenging.

Very similar at Scafell Pike on Saturday. We stood and watched from Scafell and decided to head back down and not bother going to Scafell Pike.

From the attached:

“I managed to find somewhere to park and I had planned to take a quieter route up the mountain – but there were no quieter routes,” he said.

You will always find Crib Goch quiet....even so, I avoid Snowdon Massif these days, the Sports Direct/GoOutdoors crowd have ruined it

Latest Threads