Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hill walking stupidity

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Something here does not add up right. He has all that kit but loses his map and compass. Slept out for three nights and did not think that the helicopter was looking for him, what your friend would not raise the alarm. Some pretty prominent paths in that area and he only had to follow the dale down hill. There is more to this story. Cynical me No sir.
He's a pensioner from Tyne & Wear.... any thought process (or lack of it) is possible...

120 degrees and this guy is hiking turkey flats ( which is devoid of any breeze/minimal shade and definitely no water).

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
120 degrees and this guy is hiking turkey flats ( which is devoid of any breeze/minimal shade and definitely no water).

Maybe inspired by this?

FB_IMG_1599632750985.jpg

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
...or find another hill to climb? If all the numpties were on Snowdon it must have been quieter elsewhere.

.... because they are like Lemmings .... " I say Julian it's sunny and the weekend ... let's do Snowdon ... with the current Corona Virus scare few people will be doing the same walk " .

Because of lockdown and associated reasons I have recently done one walk since March ... my son and I , we are part of a bubble , saw in the distance a couple of people climbing otherwise no one ... the walk is what I would describe as " Green Track " and it was even more so because of the lack of what is small foot fall wear ... parts were like walking on billiard table thanks to the sheep ... I did post dome pics on another thread .

As you Post other walks are available ... if you are not a Lemming .

Last edited:

Bodenplatte

War Hero
I did the 3 Peaks a few years ago and on Ben Nevis we had brilliant sunshine at the bottom, rain by the Red Burn, hail, thunder and lightning by the zig zags, a small spot of snow on the last climb, bright sunshine at the peak and then torrential rain while descending again. 4 seasons in one day as the saying goes.

The Jocks like to get their moneys worth.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
So visible and accessible on foot then.

Might do better spending all those simoleons on decent footwear and rescue gear that needs replacing.

Last edited:

Latest Threads