d3920b14-c7d9-4215-97f2-7d3522162e2e-jpeg.612155
She's properly prepared.
Warm kit, wet kit, water and rations.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

TamH70

MIA
Any sign of skinning/ filleting knives suitable for the rat-like thing in her handbag?
She'll be fvcked on the rations front without . . .

She doesn't need either of those if she's got long enough fingernails. Allegedly.

This might belong here:

View attachment 612155
I remember about twenty three years ago going up Mam Tor, One year old son all suitably wrapped up and in carrier. We were just going to summit then go back down to Nags head in Edale for some snap and a beer. Anyway, this couple came up, wind started getting up, all in the very best peter storm could give them. Unfolded a full OS map that swiftly turned to tinder, but the funniest thing is his Mrs had this little chihuahua on a lead, I just thought ,that's going to be like a kite in a minute . I did say," mate look, winds getting up so best thing you can do is go back to your car". Two hours later they pitched up in the pub, we are sat by the fire all cosy. He was pissed off because his Mrs had that "you should have listened to him" look on her face. This was before it had stairs like it does now, but what worried me was he had a map. Even officers cant get lost on one path! :D

I remember about twenty three years ago going up Mam Tor, One year old son all suitably wrapped up and in carrier. We were just going to summit then go back down to Nags head in Edale for some snap and a beer. Anyway, this couple came up, wind started getting up, all in the very best peter storm could give them. Unfolded a full OS map that swiftly turned to tinder, but the funniest thing is his Mrs had this little chihuahua on a lead, I just thought ,that's going to be like a kite in a minute . I did say," mate look, winds getting up so best thing you can do is go back to your car". Two hours later they pitched up in the pub, we are sat by the fire all cosy. He was pissed off because his Mrs had that "you should have listened to him" look on her face. This was before it had stairs like it does now, but what worried me was he had a map. Even officers cant get lost on one path! :D
Reminds me of the following extract from the "The Guns Of Navarone"

---

‘Boss?’ Miller’s voice was plaintive.​

‘Yes? What is it?’ Mallory brushed some snow off his face and the collar of his smock and peered into the white darkness ahead.​

‘Boss, when you were in school did you ever read any stories about folks gettin’ lost in a snowstorm and wanderin’ round and round in circles for days?’​

‘We had exactly the same book in Queenstown,’ Mallory conceded.​

‘Wanderin’ round and round until they died?’ Miller persisted.​

‘Oh, for heaven’s sake!’ Mallory said impatiently. His feet, even in Stevens’s roomy boots, hurt abominably. ‘How can we be wandering in circles if we’re going downhill all the time? What do you think we’re on — a bloody spiral staircase?’​

Last edited:
I think it would have frozen before it could levitate to the top. Using it's psychic powers over it's mistress seems to have worked. "Climb this, me not."

Yoda dog walt it is

Clocks change - no doubt have a few call outs shortly where people have completely screwed up timings and get caught out without torches, or they haven't been used for a while and run out of juice without a back up.

Happens every year.

Latest Threads