Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Hill fit training for 23 in and around Manchester

There'll be a route from Fairfield way up towards the old Rochdale road, cut over the hill there, past the Fisherman's Retreat and into Rammy. Up to t'tower. I'm sure that you can get down the other side one way or another to get down to Brangie and back into Bury.

Be a hard run that. A good 10-12 miles with some hard hills.

Cheers.

I half done that route already. I have gone from Rochdale Old Rd, up Ainsworth Rd, top of the wind farm from Eidnefield Rd, on to cowpe lowe and into Rawtenstall. Its part of the Rossendlae Way. I will just try and extend it into Rammy.

Breasted myself up this little belter before

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880.5 KB · Views: 39
It won't let me do anymore as they are to large. But I basically did the top of Saddleworth more from Greenfiled and the across on to Black Head Chew on the Pecks. Not bat 25lb. Supprised myself at keeping the 4kph. Over and back.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 24
My mate Chalky suggests that getting out on the hill for an enjoyable hike, over two consecutive days, is better than blowing out your hoop for a day.

He also suggests eating cassava and beating your wife unconscious, so the jury is out on the validity of any of his suggestions.

I did look at Darwen Hill and Winter Hill I pass them to work quite often. I suppose I would have to do over and back method again on those hills as the height is sub 400 I think.

My mate Chalky suggests that getting out on the hill for an enjoyable hike, over two consecutive days, is better than blowing out your hoop for a day.

He also suggests eating cassava and beating your wife unconscious, so the jury is out on the validity of any of his suggestions.

Makes Sence. my wife is also gobby sometimes might try it later.

In all seriousness, I was going to do that over the weekends before I joint the carder just to get my leg used to the weekends I'm there.

Just another question to add. In the reserves on your weekends off are you expected to beast yourself or just normal phys?

Makes Sence. my wife is also gobby sometimes might try it later.

In all seriousness, I was going to do that over the weekends before I joint the carder just to get my leg used to the weekends I'm there.

Just another question to add. In the reserves on your weekends off are you expected to beast yourself or just normal phys?
They'll let you know I'm sure. I wouldn't know, but my mate chalky suggests that being quite fit and flexible will beat hyper fit but carrying injury.