Highways Agency - The Truth at Last!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rafair7643, Jul 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So, that's how it works.

[​IMG]

2. Photoshop strikes again.

3. Doh!! You really think so? Surely you're not suggesting that it's a fake?????????????

4. That photo was taken in Scotland, we don't operate there, you can blame BEAR or Amey for that one. ;)

5. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Or even Balfor Beattie

But Amey=Cunts of the highest order

6. We've just got shut of them as the maintenance contractors in my area.

7. Highways Agency.......Bunch of Fat Useless Knackers. Especially the headshed.

8. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Wouldn't let the bell mouth into a bit of waste ground get re-designed to save a lot of utilities diverting their plant for no reason que 10's of 1000's of pounds of the councils money being wasted

9. They nicked this.[​IMG]

10. Oh well, that didn't work!

More practice required on posting pics.

11. I worked for them for years.ARC,LMA, Hanson, Amey,T Bau,Deutche ASphalt, Consgold, all the same firm in different places, I realy miss fucking up the M25

12. Totally off thread mate i put you sig on gaga translate and it came back as thus

I had a comrade,
    You ll find a better nit.
    The drum beat to arms,
    He walked at my side
    In the same step.

What is the real translation and where from (a looooooonnnnnng time since i served in sunny WEST Germany)

HH

13. If you've truly done everything and been everywhere that your posts say you have....you must be 300 years old.

14. Not quite, but the problem is the fact that the Highways agency designate areas of motorway by the junction number and not as on the continent by distance markers, so if there is a need to repaire a section of a lane, that lane is closed from the nearest junction, which my be miles away, the system is called" Lane Rental" The contractor then has total controll of the Lane even though they may be repairing a very small area, once the contractor has signed for the Lane, H & S and insurance then force the contractor to ensure that No traffic can use the lane between the designated junctions until it is taken back by the Highways Agency on a pre-arranged date, if the job is finished before the Date a bonus is paid to the contractor, but if it is late the contractor must quite litteraly" rent" the lane for a very large amount of money per day until completion of the job. I wont even try to explain " conta flows " as they are a H & S nightmare

15. Not quite, but the problem is the fact that the Highways agency designate areas of motorway by the junction number and not as on the continent by distance markers, so if there is a need to repaire a section of a lane, that lane is closed from the nearest junction, which my be miles away, the system is called" Lane Rental" The contractor then has total controll of the Lane even though they may be repairing a very small area, once the contractor has signed for the Lane, H & S and insurance then force the contractor to ensure that No traffic can use the lane between the designated junctions until it is taken back by the Highways Agency on a pre-arranged date, if the job is finished before the Date a bonus is paid to the contractor, but if it is late the contractor must quite litteraly" rent" the lane for a very large amount of money per day until completion of the job. I wont even try to explain " conta flows " as they are a H & S nightmare