Highway code /right of way , one for Traffic ..

You might be in the right & you might drive to IAM Road Smart standards.
However to many little Hitler's on the roads who think they are right & know the law.
Dash cameras are the way forward, standard option on most new cars.
You have to remember most drivers have not looked at the highway code since they passed the test.

How many here have read the official highway code from cover to cover in the last 3 months?
Unless you are a Member of IAM now IAM Road Smart or RoSPA trained you might never.

Its worth doing the course to brush up on skills.

I've threatened my lad with a RoSPA course the next time we come over to the UK. US tests are a joke and consequently they drive like absolute knobbers. I taught the lad to drive as best I could to the Blue Book, but I'm rusty and I need a kick up the arrse with my driving too.

A number of years ago, on an unfamiliar road, unfamiliar route and unfamiliar roundabout (with me so far), I got stuck in what turned out to be the wrong lane for the exit I wanted. Indicating and spotting a gap I moved across, to be met with a discontent from the motorist (now) behind me. He decided to pull up beside me and start giving a load of abuse. Or more accurately, a load of abuse to my daughter who was in the passenger seat.

I simply wound the window down, leaned across and said "sorry, I don't know this roundabout and was in the wrong lane".

He visibly deflated and drove off. Sometimes saying sorry works wonders.

A number of years ago, on an unfamiliar road, unfamiliar route and unfamiliar roundabout (with me so far), I got stuck in what turned out to be the wrong lane for the exit I wanted. Indicating and spotting a gap I moved across, to be met with a discontent from the motorist (now) behind me. He decided to pull up beside me and start giving a load of abuse. Or more accurately, a load of abuse to my daughter who was in the passenger seat.

I simply wound the window down, leaned across and said "sorry, I don't know this roundabout and was in the wrong lane".

He visibly deflated and drove off. Sometimes saying sorry works wonders.

I never apologize.

I'm sorry, but that's just how I am.

RTU'd

LE
Its worth doing the course to brush up on skills.

I've threatened my lad with a RoSPA course the next time we come over to the UK. US tests are a joke and consequently they drive like absolute knobbers. I taught the lad to drive as best I could to the Blue Book, but I'm rusty and I need a kick up the arrse with my driving too.
RoSPA delivers training differently but both IAM Road Smart & RoSPA are worthy courses to attend.
If you come to the UK and are in the SE England ping me a PM and we will see if we can help you at IAM.

RoSPA delivers training differently but both IAM Road Smart & RoSPA are worthy courses to attend.
If you come to the UK and are in the SE England ping me a PM and we will see if we can help you at IAM.

Cheers for the offer, its appreciated.:)