hight restriction for joining

Discussion in 'Juniors' started by chris2rtr, Sep 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi i'm looking for some advice for a friend, he went to join up the minimum height is 148cm he came in at 147.5 and was refused, can you appeal this? I understand if you were a couple of inches short but can you really be refused for .5?? Any information would be appreciated thanks
  2. Short people look silly in uniform that's why there are rules.
  3. lol some constructive advice would be better but thankyou anyway
  4. Yeah, sorry, which service are you hoping to join? Sorry, I meant "your mate"
  5. its not for me ive reinlisted already passed selection, he wants to be a gunner in the infantry
  6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just grow an Afro.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Get your mate to hang upside down by his ankles everyday for a couple of weeks and get measured again but in the morning.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. could he appeal that though .5 is pretty harsh lol
  9. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Why not try the airforce?

They allow all manner of freaks, spastics and physically deformed creatures to darken their door.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Seems pretty harsh agreed, but if it is set at 148cm then 148 it is. Thick insoles maybe?
  11. thas what i said insole in his socks or summet lol
  12. Ask if the AFCO have one of these out the back, and can you have a go on it?:

• Like Like x 1
  13. jesus lads we all love a bit of banter but cmon hahaha
  14. Looking at some of the TA RLC "soldiers" about, I would think that a malformed body brought about by Victorian levels of malnutrition would be an advantage.
  15. You're asking the AFCO to overlook his height?

I should imagine everyone does that.
    • Like Like x 3