Highest rank in the army?

I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i'm having a heated discussion in work about the armed forces, one question came up, what is the highest rank in the army? who is in that possition?

Cheers

The president of the USA of course

TA_GUY said:
I dont know if this is the right place to post this but i'm having a heated discussion in work about the armed forces, one question came up, what is the highest rank in the army? who is in that possition?

Cheers
my dad always said it was RSM. I believe him.

i had one on snowdon does that count?

Easy question that. Everyone knows the highest rank is a civvie.

Everyone calls you sir.

OK I know they are thinking that a civie ranks somewhere below the regimental goat and only just above the stuff you find on the bottom of your boots after a walk though a doggie toilet but they still have to call you Sir!

TA_GUY said:

Cheers
Why and what caused it to become heated??

ok, i retract my question lol

TA_GUY said:

Cheers
Oh Dear where is Baz44

TA_GUY said:
Oh no yer don't!!!

There's scope here for many more amusing, irrelevant and down right snotty replies: you've made your bed - now lie in it :D

*stands aside so that the pish-taking can continue*

Baseplate said:
TA_GUY said:
Oh no yer don't!!!

There's scope here for many more amusing, irrelevant and down right snotty replies: you've made your bed - now lie in it :D

*stands aside so that the pish-taking can continue*
Might have just PM his OC RRTT

look, simple question, there is a simple answer, i guess i'll have to look it up myself seeing as you are, what is the term, difficult cnuts... :D

For the Love of God TA Guy did they teach you nothing!

You where shown this on the Ranks and Badges lesson seems like you were not listening or asleep - not looking good for the final tests is it?

Try the army website before you get the urge again - for your own self preservation! If you thought we had the monopoly on wise cracks and giving you stick - you haven't seen nothing till the wolves on here get hold of you :)

Kids always think they know best! they just don't listen these days!! :)

Cheers

P.S Its Field Marshall you mong any Wikipedia search would tell you that and there are not many around - that are still alive anyway! unless there is a war on of course.

Baz44 said:
For the Love of God TA Guy did they teach you nothing!

You where shown this on the Ranks and Badges lesson seems like you were not listening or asleep - not looking good for the final tests is it?

Try the army website before you get the urge again - for your own self preservation! If you thought we had the monopoly on wise cracks and giving you stick - you haven't seen nothing till the wolves on here get hold of you :)

Kids always think they know best! they just don't listen these days!! :)

Cheers

P.S Its Field Marshall and there are not many around - that are still alive anyway! unless there is a war on of course.

Yea i just looked it up, maybe i'll have google as my new best friend

haha

I dont believe we went that high, was i asleep... uh oh, looks like i need some brushing up! believe me, the final tests will be a breeze... :twisted: that eight miler might be a killer, but i'm sure i'll get over it and train hard to make sure i'm ready for it!

I am fully aware of the wolves on here, i knew what i was letting myself in for, i must just be into self harm or something of that sort