Higher Eduction Course Help (less then 2 years service)

Discussion in 'Education and Resettlement Courses' started by Lobsterbob, Mar 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I'm a recently released crow, almost ready to flap my way into a unit, unfortunately due to injury I've found myself in holding for an as yet unknown period of time.

Wanting to do something with my new found spare time I've been looking at the idea of do a higher ed course or something similar, and I was hoping for a bit of guiding light / clarification on getting started.

What I've looked at so far seems to suggest I've outta luck until I've been in 2 years, is this the case? If so is there anything I can do / people would recommend course wise? Considering I'm currently inured so adventures training is a no go sadly.

I realise my CoC in camp will be the best people to speak to, but just wanted to get a bit of background info / lay the foundations before I drop into anyone’s office, lest I get fobbed off.Hi all

I'm a recently released crow, almost ready to flap my way into a unit, unfortunately due to injury I've found myself in holding for an as yet unknown period of time.

Wanting to do something with my new found spare time I've been looking at the idea of do a higher ed course or something similar, and I was hoping for a bit of guiding light / clarification on getting started.

What I've looked at so far seems to suggest I've outta luck until I've been in 2 years, is this the case? If so is there anything I can do / people would recommend course wise? Considering I'm currently inured so adventures training is a no go sadly.

I realise my CoC in camp will be the best people to speak to, but just wanted to get a bit of background info / lay the foundations before I drop into anyone’s office, lest I get fobbed off.

2. The only funding help you will get is standard Learning credits whicis 80% of the cost to a max of £175 in each financial year.

Afetr 4 years service, u will be eligible for advanced Learning credits if you do a A level or higher qual or a NVQ level3 or higher.

Speak to someone in your Army ed centre rather than in your unit

3. Spot on.

There are also lots of courses on the Defence Learning Portal which you can get to through any DII computer or the Internet. European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is always a good one for crows, it might save you having to do it later and is a good basic grounding in IT.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk