Highclere Castle Game Fair this weekend folks

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, May 27, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

get yourselves down there, its near Newbury and has clay shooting, gun dog scurries and me at the top corner of the main arena, kettle will be on! Sunday and Monday so dont turn up saturday unless you want to help erect the stand!
    Highclere Game and Country Fair | Countryman Fairs
  2. How did it go?

I went on Monday and got caught in the downpour, some very good stands with nice scoff and some very nice shooters to look at.

I didn't want to go into the two potential stands you were on (top corner of the main arena) ask if anyone was Ugly......
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

It was better on sunday but business was good in the rain anyway. We were visited by another arsser on the sunday (sorry forgotten names in the rush) and sadly I am recognisable!
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Parham Park near Storrington just off the A24 (by sussex standards) and a lovely setting, 18th and 19th June, not usually as busy so more time for a cuppa, we use it to train staff for trhe busy events.
    Sussex Game and Country Fair | Countryman Fairs
    It doesnt have a gun dog arena but it has scurries and a clay line so a good warm up before the CLA.
  5. Ugly,
    According to the website it is the 18/19th June
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Dons peaked hat, goes in Mainwaring mode, "yes I wondered which one of you would spot that first!"
    of course this weekend is the LI reunion and I have just got out of bed after a night on call.
  7. Please don't go to the Wiltshire Steam rally in Oare this weekend (just south of Marlborough) because it's fecking stupid to put a steam rally next to one of the steepest hills in the county and all those rusting pieces of crap can't make it back up the A345...

Save your pennies and go to Highclere next weekend as Ugly suggests.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No go to Parham. That said overtaking traction engines when you are towing is no fun!