High speed, close up and detailed footage.

Some quite engrossing footage (some of the splash patterns in particular at about 6.20) here, just for the sake of it. Various projectiles on impact, and even with each other at about 2.00 minutes in. It was a good way to switch off for 10 minutes.

One thing that occurred to me was the evident lead splash on some of the impacts and how (in the wrong circumstances) pose a health hazard with tiny particles blowing about.

Last edited:
I have seen this (or something similar) before and it is strangely hypnotic. There is a growing body of evidence about lead splashes and fragments in carcasses of shot animals leading to lead poisoning in humans. Good evidence for the problem in this clip.

Londo

LE
Some quite engrossing footage (some of the splash patterns in particular at about 6.20) here, just for the sake of it. Various projectiles on impact, and even with each other at about 2.00 minutes in. It was a good way to switch off for 10 minutes.

One thing that occurred to me was the evident lead splash on some of the impacts and how (in the wrong circumstances) pose a health hazard with tiny particles blowing about.

That 9mm seemed to go through the wet blanket rather well ;)

mogreby

Clanker
Hypnotic it is. I liked that in the early shots you could see the rotation caused by the rifling of the barrel. Stunning photography.

I have had, on three occasions, lead come back down range at the indoor 25 yards.

One struck the back of my hand, one stuck to my neck and one went down my collar giving mt the drop the rifle and burny tits dance.

ugly

LE
I have seen this (or something similar) before and it is strangely hypnotic. There is a growing body of evidence about lead splashes and fragments in carcasses of shot animals leading to lead poisoning in humans. Good evidence for the problem in this clip.
I’d dispute that mainly because this footage was mainly for none fmj or non sp ammo, it’s mainly all soft lead projectiles
The chance sp hunting ammo encountering Angled armour plate inside game is remote

jmb3296

War Hero
I’d dispute that mainly because this footage was mainly for none fmj or non sp ammo, it’s mainly all soft lead projectiles
The chance sp hunting ammo encountering Angled armour plate inside game is remote
Agreed as above.
Hypnotic and interesting to watch

I would have thought that hunting ammo fired into ballistic gel would give a better model for true performance at impact.

Any ammunition I have used on deer is in part marketed on its bullet weight retention. They aren’t designed to and tend not to shed metal on their way in.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
It's astonishing the penetration the various projectiles achieve, even at an angle. It makes it seem as if the side-armour of a 432 would've been a bit of a joke.

MsG

It's astonishing the penetration the various projectiles achieve, even at an angle. It makes it seem as if the side-armour of a 432 would've been a bit of a joke.

MsG
I'm not sure what protection a 43x (or CVR(T) for that matter) would offer as calibre (and particularly for AP ammo) increasing calibre would offer. Perhaps depending on vehicle and location of shot on vehicle .50 cal and beyond could cause problems, maybe it be 20mm though, I am not sure.

Having spent a fair bit of time in 432s I don't recall the sides being regarded as 'armoured' at all. A nice bit of weather proofing but always thought that would be about it.

That video does show what a miserable experience being shot must be.

Latest Threads