High Sheriff badge placement

Discussion in 'ACF' started by bigtaff, Apr 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My son has just been appointed the High Sheriff cadet for this year, where would he put the badge on his brassard? I cannot seem to find any info on this. Would he need a second brassard?

regards, bigtaff=-)
  2. Oh my.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I've got an esky full of beers Jarrod, did you remember to salt the popcorn?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Be gentle with him and her
  5. Sorry ladies,

I thought this was the ACF forum, I did'nt realise i'd posted in the kindergarten forum instead !
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Is the badge a heart pierced by a spoon?
  7. Can we have some photo's of rusty sherrif's badges...........?
  8. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Sure, assuming you want to be ROP'd into submission that is.

Tormenting the usual bellwhifs I can tolerate, but this looks a genuine question so play nicely ladies.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Never heard of it, but if as sounds is an annual thing, where did last year's place theirs?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. My own thoughts precisely.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lol,

I did check the badge, but can't see any hearts or spoons, however there are a couple of a***holes and pointy heads with incredibly small penis's coming out of them! The High Sheriff badge has obviously changed since you girls were appointed:scratch:

Thanks "woopert" you are right, it was actually a serious question, however now that we have descended into the realms of primary school conversation, I've got 2 more days off before I have to go back to work, so we can carry on this highly informative discussion in the hope that I might actually get a serious reply.:)

12. Thanks Guys,

unfortunately the last time a cadet recieved this appointment in this county was about 10 years ago and nobody at Coy or HQ level seems to know anything, but I appreciate your help. I will contact E.C Snaith.

Thanks for your help.

13. I think that your best bet would be to ask at your county HQ as this is not a run of the mill ACF qualification, also there is a relative degree of autonomy between counties with regard to dress regs on brassards and placing of badges. It is also worth bearing in mind that with the new PCS uniform about to be rolled out to cadets (supposedly anyway) some counties are talking about doing away with brassards altogether so it may be worth finding out if this is going to be the case for your son and perhaps waiting for a while before placing the badge on the uniform.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I am guessing this is the Welsh equivalent of the Lord Lieutents badge up here in Sconnie Botchland? If so this is a great achievement so well done to the lad!

As for position, I am pretty sure it goes to the front of the brassard, below any rank badge. So, when facing your son, you should see the badge first, with the First aid badge to the read of the brassard...but double check that!
    • Like Like x 1