High Readiness Reserve

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Squeaker, Jun 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

This is something I'm interested in signing up for, but I need to be able to point to something my employers can look at. Anyone know of anything official on the web about this? Can't find bugger all on the MOD's web sites.

(and yes, I know my unit is supposed to have paperwork about it, but like everything else these days, we won't get it for a while)

2. This is from the Sabre web site......... I just google'd it:

High Readiness Reservists (HRRs) have specific skills which the Armed Forces may need, but which are only required occasionally. They volunteer for High Readiness status and can be deployed at short notice. If an HRR has a regular job and works more than two days per week, they will require the written consent of their employer to hold HRR status. This consent takes the form of an agreement that is renewed annually. In the event of mobilisation, an HRR can be asked to serve for up to nine months.

Sounds better than doing car parking duties with the CCRF!
  3. Yeah, thanks boney, I did spot that from Sabre, but I really need something with a bit more meat on it, facts and figures sort of thing.
  4. If your Signals, your SPSI should have more info. (its only RSigs as far as I know)
  5. As far as I know, it's being piloted only for 2 Sig Bde so if you're not in that, then you're out of luck.
  6. msr

msr LE

See TA Regs on armynet:

1.005. Other Forms of Service.
    a. High Readiness Reserve (HRR). The purpose of the HRR for the Army is to provide TA and Regular Reservists, mobilized at short notice, to make good career employment group (CEG) shortfalls in the Regular Army for operational deployments. Members of Group A may apply to fill vacancies in the HRR which will be published periodically. Details of special terms and conditions of service are at Annex E/1. Members of Group C will not be eligible to volunteer for the HRR. (See para 16 of Appx 3 to Annex A/4 and para 18 of Annex K/5.)
  7. I've got an employers HRR leaflet as a pdf but its too large to attach on here. If you PM me your email address I can send you a copy.