high level fitness routine.

Get 'Fighting Fit' by Adrian Weale this book has been recommended a lot on here, there is even a fitness plan specifically for RM Commando training. Should be able to get hold of it pretty easily through Amazon or Ebay mate.

Halford1 said:
alrite, most of the threads on here are by people preparing for their selection weekends etc. and so aim to achieve an average level of fitness prior to beginning recruit training.

i am a phase two recruit in the Royal Marines Reserve and i am training for my commando tests. being a reservist, i have to run my own phys training outside of the weekends and drill nights, and i seem to have exhausted my phys knowledge and reached a platau.

my BFT time (in boots) is 9:27 not sure what it is in trainers but i reckon about 1 minute faster.

i can do 65 press ups in 2 minutes (proper ones, to the ground), 15 pullups and have good core stability.

also passing 4 mile speed marches with 21 pounds and a weapon with relative (its still a ferking hang out!) ease.

im 5' 9" and 10stone 2pounds.

i feel it is mainly strength i need to work on over cardio, but some kind of fartlekking would be good as i am hanging out during fire and manouvering.
a CTCRM PTI told me it is possible to achieve a very high level of fitness in
6 weeks, however he neglected to tell me how!

bearing in mind my fitness levels, and where my weaknesses lie, can anyone suggest a 6 week intense fitness plan to really boost all round fitness please?

any suggestions would be great. thanks.
Mate, everyone hangs out during fire and manouvre, just see it as a fact of life, if you aint hangin you doing your bit!!

All you have to remember is to train for what you want to achieve, it really is that simple, but if you do want a proper intense training prog, PM me. I need to know what you want to achieve and and your levels now. I know you mentioned it briefly above but I cant be arsed scrolling up and reading it again..lolol

But yer a 6 week trg Prog will be easy to square away....

:D

Lee_B said:
Get 'Fighting Fit' by Adrian Weale this book has been recommended a lot on here, there is even a fitness plan specifically for RM Commando training. Should be able to get hold of it pretty easily through Amazon or Ebay mate.
I bought this book as it helps you improve your upper body strength without over doing it and it's a great book - would recommend it for anyone!