High Chamber Pressure?

I found this, which is quite nice I thought;

I think the colonel who was interviewed is not a gun guy, but a procurement guy who likes catch-phrases and emphasizes things that he doesn't really understand. He probably has a sergeant in his command that actually understands this stuff, but is letting him make a fool of himself, for the good of the service.

Just an aside, I have been told that that should read "Yer'man".
I suspect, my ever young Mrs.B&B, may spend more time in "Not Southern Ireland, Just Ireland" than you do. That's gas.

May be missing something but cannot see a Ksi requirement
But;
“The chamber pressure for the standard assault rifle is around 45 KSI [kilopound per square inch], but we’re looking for between 60 and 80 KSI … the chamber pressure when an M1 Abrams tank fires is on that order,” Gordon told Task & Purpose. “We’re looking to reach out around 600 meters and have lethal effects even if the target is protected by body armor.”

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Just an aside, I have been told that that should read "Yer'man".
I suspect, my ever young Mrs.B&B, may spend more time in "Not Southern Ireland, Just Ireland" than you do. That's gas.
How interesting! So, other than that, Ms Lincoln, what did you think of the play?

MsG

I am confused.

If they mean Type IV armour, that is rated to defeat 166 gn M2 AP travelling at 2880 fps

Type III is rated for 7.62mm 148gn FMJ M80 ball at 2750 ft/s

At 600m, that becomes a bloody big ask for anything in the intermediate cartridge range and will require Ludicrous Speed MV's.

So that may be where the talk about needing very high chamber pressures is coming from, but practically we are now talking BFO chamber and barrel thicknesses and barrel life dropping through the floor!

How interesting! So, other than that, Ms Lincoln, what did you think of the play?

MsG
Well, I don't think you know much about guns.
But jog on.

Edited to add, except Desert Eagles of course, and AK47s, oh and I forgot your ability to manage 2 MOA at 500 metres with reloaded ammo in a Dragunov.

Didn't Heckler & Koch develop something like that in the 1990s. Was it the G11 or something?

MsG
You being something of a weapons expert surely you would know the answer.

At 600m, that becomes a bloody big ask for anything in the intermediate cartridge range and will require Ludicrous Speed MV's.
Perhaps an evolution of this is the answer?

Forward to 17:17 for a slow motion.
1960's technology but interesting nonetheless.