High-angle sniping

The .303 8Z round achieved 4500 yard range at 45 degrees.

In theory, could high-angle sniping out to 10,000m be achieved as per this fanciful clip?

Last edited:
In theory, could sniping out to 10,000m be achieved as per this fanciful clip?
Maalox,

I want you to put this fluorescent high vis jacket on and walk steadily, and in a straight line, towards that remote hill on the horizon.

I'll explain why later. There's a good boy.

In theory, could high-angle sniping out to 10,000m be achieved as per this fanciful clip?

No theory about it. Already done by the 7 mile snipers.

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

Do fcuk off, there's a good chap. Don't worry about going back to asking "What is this Gun?" or being anti-Semitic, (and doing it poorly), just fcuk off.

As of February this year, the world record for a 10 round group at 1000yds is just under 3”:

AE9E26FA-2BCE-47DE-8680-179A78A03539.jpeg

shot using something like this:

48424442-4B4A-4D86-A527-A65CF21441EC.jpeg

If that’s as close as anyone can get under perfect conditions at 1000 yds using what is basically a machine costing tens of thousands of $$$$$, how accurate are you likely to be manually shot off a bipod at ten times that range? Lucky to get within 10ft I reckon.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
As of February this year, the world record for a 10 round group at 1000yds is just under 3”:

View attachment 606152

View attachment 606153

If that’s as close as anyone can get under perfect conditions at 1000 yds using what is basically a machine costing tens of thousands of $$$$$, how accurate are you likely to be at ten times that range? Lucky to get within 10ft I reckon.

Almost as good a night shoot on a moving target (located in a different country) on 'that rifle'

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

View attachment 606152

View attachment 606153

If that’s as close as anyone can get under perfect conditions at 1000 yds using what is basically a machine costing tens of thousands of $$$$$, how accurate are you likely to be manually shot off a bipod at ten times that range? Lucky to get within 10ft I reckon.
According to the Berger website, where the top photo appears, it says it was shot during a benchrest competition, not a rail gun competition.

According to the Berger website, where the top photo appears, it says it was shot during a benchrest competition, not a rail gun competition.
Unlimited class benchrest guns are known as "rail guns"

Latest Threads